Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with recruitment angency.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I'm qualified in light auto. At tafe light auto, auto elec, motor bike and heavy diesel all do the same 1st year. Then from there we all diverge into our specific parts of the industry.
So to get my trade cert in heavy I'll need to do Tafe again.
I wouldn't worry too much about that to begin with. I've seen quite a few adds willing to take on mechanics as I've been looking at a variety of jobs for a while now. I think the easiest place to start, as someone has said above is to first look at all the types of companies that contract to the big mines.
The types that service pumps, mills, conveyors, generators, and do shutdown work. That gives you a fair few options and there should be some in your area wherever you live.
See what qualifications their job adds ask for. And see what they say in the interview.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I wouldn't worry too much about that to begin with. I've seen quite a few adds willing to take on mechanics as I've been looking at a variety of jobs for a while now. I think the easiest place to start, as someone has said above is to first look at all the types of companies that contract to the big mines.
The types that service pumps, mills, conveyors, generators, and do shutdown work. That gives you a fair few options and there should be some in your area wherever you live.
See what qualifications their job adds ask for. And see what they say in the interview.

Okay thanks. I'll have to speak to a few of my friends that are operators and ask which companies service their machines.

crew chief

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Turbo, WB Ute, VF 2300 Harrop
where I am we have had a few people come over from lv's to heavy vehicle with no previous experience. Mine sites also have fairly large fleets of light vehicles too don't forget. Mader group are one of the bigger contractors that I know of.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
I'd avoid labour hire where possible. Although it can at times be a way in.
Agencies which get you into places (often just get a fee for finding you) are fine though.

And depending on where you are you could always try getting into the companies closer to home that then do shutdown works etc.

Have been in the mines myself and depending on which areas they can be interesting.
Spent a summer in the Pilbara, and although you get used to the heat, it can be daunting at first.
Everything you have there will turn red aswell. And be prepared to get filthy dirty.