Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help with ve stereo please

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
hi im just wondering if anyone knows for sure or where i can find out what are the exact sizes for the speakers in my 08 sv6 thanks guys i wanna buy some new ones but dont know any of the sizes

V8s and beer

Everything else is trivia
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 R8 Clubsport LSA Tourer #0035
Hey mate, I answered on the other post, but will go again here. The ones I pulled out of my front doors looked like 6", but I installed 6.5" splits and they went straight in, same fixing holes and all. The rear doors i have not done yet, but will in the next couple of days....and the pus tweeters will go too.
Will let you know.

A

acca00

i have 6.5" type r coax's in the back, they fit in but with a little bit of elbow grease.

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
I put 6.5inch splits in the front and 6.5s in the rear of my VE. I had to take the plastic speaker mount and replace it with an 18mm MDF spacer ring. The new speakers wouldnt have fitted in the standard mounts without alot of modification.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L

V8s and beer

Everything else is trivia
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 R8 Clubsport LSA Tourer #0035
Thats weird that some of you have to cut the housings up. My 6.5s fell in that hole. I tried a set of 6.5 sonys first, and they fell in too. Maybe the SSV has different speaker enclosures...??

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Thanks for this thread guys ... I've just picked up some MB Quarts 6.5 splits for the front ... was hoping I wouldn't need to cut metal.

For anyone interested in doing the 8" subs in the rear shelf of SSV's etc ... here's a great link on the Pontiac G8 site I found last night while searching for the door speaker size. Speaker/Sub replacement - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com