Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with wheel offsets

Liam85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF ssv ute manual
IMG_2276.JPG
IMG_2275.JPG

Tadaahh!! All done and dusted. Just getting the rears rolled again now but shouldn't scrap at all then. And will also raise the rear when I get some time but so far hasn't scraped on driveways or speedbumps so pretty happy with that but it has o key been two days.
Just for reference wheels are
20 x 10 +35 all round with no camber adjustments.
Front wheels are 245 and rears are 255. Running federals which run wider then normals tyres so more like a 255 front and 265 rear I guess. Stoked with the look and outcome. But thank you everyone for your help. Much appreciated

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
The Ute’s a great colour and the rims are a perfect choice.

I don’t what you to think I’m being rude about the car as it may just be an illusion caused by the driver’s side standing on the layback kerb or it may just be the way you like it but is the rear lower than the front?

If it is I’d bring the front down to make it sit even.

It looks like it has a load in the back.

My taste that’s all as everything else about the car is perfection.

Liam85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF ssv ute manual
IMG_2104.JPG
The Ute’s a great colour and the rims are a perfect choice.

I don’t what you to think I’m being rude about the car as it may just be an illusion caused by the driver’s side standing on the layback kerb or it may just be the way you like it but is the rear lower than the front?

If it is I’d bring the front down to make it sit even.

It looks like it has a load in the back.

My taste that’s all as everything else about the car is perfection.

No you are absolutely correct. The rear is lower then the front. If I lower the front to match then I would struggle with humps and driveways for sure. I don't mind it like this. It's just how the guys set it up but I think I will lover the front maybe 10mm and raise the rear 10mm. I want it to sit like the ute picturede but just a bit higher but like you said have it levelled outay least

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
The Ute still looks good the way it’s sitting now and the subtleties of the little things all come down to different tastes.

I had mine dialled in using the OEM rims which ended up being a little different once I fitted the Vossens because of the different in tyre wall heights due to the stretching on wider rims.

I sometimes tell myself it needs to be lowered and at other times I look and think it’s just right.

These are the rims it was originally setup with and because I like the car to be level I had them make sure the Apex or Crest (whichever it’s called) of the curve for the front and rear guards were exactly the same measurement to the ground which means the centre of the wheel hubs to the top of the guards are also the same measurement and the distance between the front and rear bottom of the side skirts and ground are the same.

IMG_3861_zpsxsv7toy6.jpg

If you measure under the side skirts they are the same but because the skirt has a cut out at the rear it gives the appearance the car has a rake towards the front which I like.

This is how it looks now the Vossens are fitted. I do sometimes think it needs to be lower front and rear.

IMG_4723_zpsemxplniy.jpg

IMG_4594a_zpsmqvlyovt.jpg

In the 70’s we would jack our cars up at the rear to get the raked look.

I have an XY which is lower in the rear as that’s the OEM look for the time but I've never really been happy with it and one of these days I’ll have the springs reset so it can be levelled out as I think it will look better with the noise looking down a little.

Liam85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF ssv ute manual
The Ute still looks good the way it’s sitting now and the subtleties of the little things all come down to different tastes.

I had mine dialled in using the OEM rims which ended up being a little different once I fitted the Vossens because of the different in tyre wall heights due to the stretching on wider rims.

I sometimes tell myself it needs to be lowered and at other times I look and think it’s just right.

These are the rims it was originally setup with and because I like the car to be level I had them make sure the Apex or Crest (whichever it’s called) of the curve for the front and rear guards were exactly the same measurement to the ground which means the centre of the wheel hubs to the top of the guards are also the same measurement and the distance between the front and rear bottom of the side skirts and ground are the same.

IMG_3861_zpsxsv7toy6.jpg

If you measure under the side skirts they are the same but because the skirt has a cut out at the rear it gives the appearance the car has a rake towards the front which I like.

This is how it looks now the Vossens are fitted. I do sometimes think it needs to be lower front and rear.

IMG_4723_zpsemxplniy.jpg

IMG_4594a_zpsmqvlyovt.jpg

In the 70’s we would jack our cars up at the rear to get the raked look.

I have an XY which is lower in the rear as that’s the OEM look for the time but I've never really been happy with it and one of these days I’ll have the springs reset so it can be levelled out as I think it will look better with the noise looking down a little.

Vossens look great on that colour!
Mine is level with the skirt if you don't include that inside lip which I don't see as part of the visual setup but as you said each to there own