Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP

Jennibow

Reaction score
Members Ride
its a black one
My EX husband wanted a V8 i wanted a small run around car but hes bigger and stronger than me so I am left with a v something black Calais. sure its nice to drive, very comfortable but within a week of owning it needed a new alternator ( That was the week I finally left after 28 years of abuse). everything was going fine ready to put it on the market when travelling home from work doing 90ks on the highway when it just stopped no power no anything not even hazard lights or steering. had it towed to a friends had two mechanics look at it and says its immobilizer is not talking to the key. Any suggestions before i pay for more towing ( i left with the clothes I have and nothing else but debt in my name) to get it to a Holden dealer?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Just a wild guess, has anyone tried replacing the battery in the key? Or have you got a spare key to try?

Jennibow

Reaction score
Members Ride
its a black one
Just a wild guess, has anyone tried replacing the battery in the key? Or have you got a spare key to try?
No battery in the key its a replacement so only a chip. No spare key have contacted the owners they gave us two keys but EX is denying any knowledge of second key. Thanks anyway for replying.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
if the hazard lights are not working, i find it hard to believe it is the key
start at the battery and confirm the charge and connections
then check the connections at the new alternator
they may not have wired it correctly
also the ecu may not know the full battery level which is complicated
you need to disconnect battery , fully charge using a calcium charger if using a calcium battery, then reconnect to car
ecu will see this as the default fully charged level

Last edited:

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Sounds like the battery is completely dead so alternator still not charging. If someone tried to jump start it with the clamps the wrong way around it blows the cable from the POS battery post to the fusebox under the bonnet and you won't get ignition.