Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help

jayden98

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore vy 2003
Had my vy commodore 2003 into the mechanics the last few days.
It was stalling/losing power going around roundabouts and corners.
So had a auto electrician look at it and they said to replace the ignion coil packs and dfi module so they replaced that took it for a test drive and told me it was ready to be picked up.
Once I left it was running rough (more than it was before) stalled on me at the traffic lights twice and the revs kept moving up and down when idling. So have taken it back to them.

Anyone have any clue on what the issue could be?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
need a lot more info
assuming V6 auto
how long have you owned car
how is the maintenance schedule
what is it idling at
how many km on it

jayden98

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore vy 2003
need a lot more info
assuming V6 auto
how long have you owned car
how is the maintenance schedule
what is it idling at
how many km on it
Yes v6 auto
Have had it for about 12 months now it gets regularly serviced.
Idling at around 1k revs
Had 230ks on it

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
check the hose to the purge valve from throttle body
for splits or come off

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
How long has I been running rough for, how much fuel is in it?

If the issue is while cornering could be an issue with the fuel pump or could be some loose wiring moving .

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You need to answer MuckUte's questions, because in addition to his solutions, it's possible that the fuel pump has been replaced at some time in the past and they haven't attached the hose to the swirl tank correctly. If that's the case you should be getting the problem more when the fuel in the tank is low, rather than when it is (mostly) full.

Reactions: Lex

jayden98

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore vy 2003
How long has I been running rough for, how much fuel is in it?

If the issue is while cornering could be an issue with the fuel pump or could be some loose wiring moving .
I had 3 quarters in it when the problem started has been about 2 weeks since it started running rough.

bluehighway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais International
Easy way to check if the fuel pump is stuffed is unclip the fuel filter and tip out contents if its black and got tiny bits of rubber in it..then fuel pump is likely stuffed...***You will need a good cable tie to put it back in...filter is under car near right rear wheel ...if its clean just plug it back in to the line... ***Before you remove use a felt tip to mark one end so you know which way it goes back on...there should be a thread or youtube somewhere of how to remove and replace ...its not hard basically just push line in toward filter and pull it back squeezing neck of line fitment at same time..dont use pliers or grips you should be able to get it off without tools...push in and pull back hard...same for both ends...what happens when fuel pump is stuffed is car looses power and starts misfiring if you give it too much gas...then it might go ok for a short period then goes back to same thing until eventually it stops and you end up draining battery trying to restart...it often does restart but wont idle well and dies if you give it too much gas..if your fuel pump is stuffed theres a youtube on how to change it...but probably best left to an expert if you havent done much car stuff before... because you have to be very careful with the tank clips and get the correct lines linked to the pump....

Last edited: