Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heresy! Ah well no its not that bad actually.... *XForce content*

TAS1981

Reaction score
OMG FYI I just fitted a Mild steel 2.5" catback made by XForce!!!! Blasphemy! Heresy!

The world did not end you'll be pleased to hear, nor are my ears bleeding from Drone. In fact in side the car it doesn't sound that different (according to the wife NO different!) until you stand behind it...now I have a lovely over-run gurgle, beefy V8 rumble and a nice roar on acceleration without really affecting the experience in the cabin...How is this possible!? I was lead to believe that small puppies would die all over the world and my wifes head would explode from the terrible noise if I fitted the sh*tty XForce system?! :hmmm:

I fitted it myself with two axle stands and a trolley jack and some spanners...it even fitted together without welding or bending!!! I was starting to think they had not sent me an XForce exhaust at this point because it was too easy and hadn't fallen apart/not fitted properly, all the pieces were supplied etc etc......

So bizarre! [/SARCASM] :rofl2:

So yeah to anyone who is scared about buying Xforce because people bag it so much, I did it, its fine. It's not a technical piece of kit an exhaust...if you don't want to spend a fortune you don't have to. Sure if you want to spend more on a really shiny exhaust that's great...but you don't have to. The difference is going to be marginal...really.

Roll on my VCM intake arriving.... :spot on:

[Flame suit on - Can of worms open] :boxing:

WAGONBEAST57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon V8 A4
From what I gather, the Xforce systems aren't too bad on the VE, but I know for a fact that they are downright shithouse on the VT-VZ models.

mtw002

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 Ute
Got to be better than my diff back one,..

Matt

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Love the post, had good chuckle. Not my preference but the workshops are saying the quality of the stuff has improved heaps in recent times and the main thing is that your happy with your purchase and thats great to hear! Nothing worse than spending money on whatever the upgrade is and hating it :)...

Justinaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv L98 '06
Here , here….. top post buddy . I have a 3" force on mine with VCM headers and couldn't agree more… apparently the long version of the headers are better performance and better on the ear drums..

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Funny , fancy that a satisfied customer .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
I'll back u up mate, i got Xforce too and it sounds nice to me

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
Good on you OP,if your happy that's all that matters.

two things TAS...
Are you planning to get headers? complete the system I say!

You going to get it tuned when you fit VCM OTR?

TAS1981

Reaction score
Headers can probably wait. Kid due in 4 weeks so won't be messing with it for a bit.

VCM OTR literally just turned up. Will whack it on and see what happens. I will get it tuned, the timeline will depend on whether I think its running too lean or not. Have to extract the cash and get it done carefully so as not to upset her at home! I hear mixed reports but apparently the older VEs manage better than the series 2 cars ....this is just experience from Brad at Vic Performance.

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
Yep when money allows its definitely worth getting one(if it runs well in the interim? maybe a final tune in one hit after headers fitted,save on tune costs!)..
i hear you re the "boss"(especially in her current state :p)gotta keep her happy!