Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heron White Pontiac G8 GT Converted To Holden Commodore SS V-Series Special Edition

SeattleG8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Last year I had missed a turn for a store I was looking for so I circled around the building next door. On the back wall of the building is a series of murals from around the world. The biggest one on the far end of the wall is Uluru, and I made a note of its location telling myself, I have to get there to take some pics. It's the closest my 8 will ever get.

MODEL: 2009 USA Pontiac G8 GT
COLOUR: White Hot (aka Heron White)
BODYKIT: None - rear chrome spear added to trunk lid, fog light surround and bezel painted Heron White to match, hood vents painted flat black
ENGINE TYPE: L76 V8
ENGINE MODS: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 Octane Tune
POWER: 290 kW and 572 nM - naught to 60 MPH 5.01 / 1.4 Mile 13.54 @ 105.85 MPH
GEAR BOX: Standard 6-speed auto
DIFF: Standard with 2.92 gearing
BRAKES: DBA 4000 drilled and slotted rotors, Hawk ceramic brake pads, Russell stainless steel brake lines, MGP customer caliper covers, Blue dot racing brake fluid
SUSPENSION: Standard
INTERIOR: Factory leather seating, 35% tinted windows, Holden pedals, Holden sport steering wheel, Holden center digital triple gauge pod, splash screen changed to Holden, VIM and RCA inputs added to Rear AUX, glove box light, auto dimming rearview mirror, Holden rear parking assist, GM integrated Bluetooth, Holden gauge face calibrated to US standards (coming soon)
EXHAUST: SLP Solo Performance axle back exhaust
STEREO: SAS 10" subwoofer with enclosure and 250 watt amplifier added to the factory stereo system

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

DSC_0007.jpgDSC_0011.jpgDSC_0020.jpgDSC_0027.jpgDSC_0033.jpgDSC_0036.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 12,654
Last edited:

SSV-AD

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 Ve SSV Sedan
good stuff mate!! the back drop makes a good photo, especially for an aussie car :D

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
Rears looking good! You also doing the front conversion?

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Looks smick. Needs to be lowered though.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Looks tops mate, Love that shark fin :). You should get an SS front bar that would really throw people.

SeattleG8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Definitely on my "to do" list to convert the front clip. Unfortunately the Aussie dollar is kicking the US dollar's ass right now. Also I'm working on my "garage mod" right now having a new house built - so my free cash is - limited. Just a VE conversion through JHP is over $3000 US before paint and installation.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Didnt even realise ur in USA. Defiently get a Holden front clip. Or put Holden badges on it hahahah

SeattleG8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
wait im confused?

your from America but you have NT plates?

eBay - have plates from Western Australia, South Australia, New South Wales and NT

I will take it as a huge complement on my conversion work that it seems everyone thought this was a VE being turned into a G8 - not a US G8 turned into a VE (and that explains the comment about badges up above!)

Last edited: