Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hi guys ive brought a ve Calais 07 with probs no cranking red light got told key needs to be coded had autoelecy come out said key reader no good

travis99

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais
I found on ebay written of Calais 07 match that ran still brought ecu bcm key reader ignition barrel and key all matching car ran. put in mine security lockout mismatched parts had a tech 2 put on it had 9 codes now I'm ready to burn can anyone come fix this please ???? aarrrgggghh

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
From the moon. Good one.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I’m still trying to decipher the OP to be honest.. No offence but it’s impossible to understand what you are trying to say.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I thought that exactly when I first read it.
OP please redo your post using correct spelling, spacing, caps etc and I’m sure the members here will try very hard to help you.
You also need to tell us where you are, as that’s important information so the members can guide you to where to go. Okay?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There is a raft of other VIN matched stuff on VE. Parking sensor module, abs module, TCM, cluster, headunit, HVAC, and someone could probably name more.
You will need the components you have put in, reflashed to match your existing VIN by a technician using a Tech2 or similar.

The VZ was just BCM, ECM, Key, PIM. The VE has heaps more attached to the VIN.

You'll have a mismatching modules and components and the car is doing what it’s designed to do in that situation and not start the car.

Best bet would be to replace only the component that needed to be replaced, get it reflashed and keep the other bits as spares.

Last edited: