Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

||| hi_ryder's VP Calais LS1

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Lol, what needs to happen next for this Ryder?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
yeah theres was another jc member (who's name eludes me) that came up with the idea for me to do it. was supposed to help me but bailed on me after i pulled the trigger and moved to north bumfu*k somewhere.

11 months later im still in neutral....

he'll be back, he will follow some bitch back to melbourne because she wants to visit :p

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
Lol, what needs to happen next for this Ryder?

braided brake lines, vt MC/booster conversion, find a place for ecu, sort air intake, freshen up engine seals, send trans off for a rebuild (just cause), mod bell housing for left hand stater motor, make block off plate for old starter location, fuel lines, install vt v8 fuel sender in drop tank, mount charcoal canister somewhere, move or shield brake line from exhaust, rack boot sheilds, send extractors out for ceramic coating, everything to do with drive shaft to diff, install lsd diff, redo a bunch of stuff cause i didnt consult an engineer.....

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
getting some braking stuff collected. think the AU falcon reservoir is a direct fit to the vt master cylinder. the ones at the wreckers were a little too manky for me so i just used the VS commodore one and relocated the hole. i took a 10mm bolt and tap/die'd it to 8mm, then put 8mm nylock nut on the back side. worked a treat.

old/new reservoir

DSC00017_zpsfhgweasp.jpg

yummy

DSC00020_zps6ihglr1p.jpg

DSC00023_zpsvof6jfh1.jpg

DSC00021_zpsn8ltfvn5.jpg

hopefully sort any bonnet clearing issues, not that i checked if there were...

DSC00024_zpsvaxaainv.jpg

DSC00025_zpsufhs1zzp.jpg

i bought the brake line adapters for the master cylinder conversion but decided not to use them. 1 because they look stupid, but secondly the braided brake line kit i bought only caters to the bubble flare lines of VR commodore and up. every line on the car is inverted flare.

today i went to the wreckers and took every brake line off a VR irs car to convert everything over. $30 all up for the parts. couldnt find a VR irs that didnt have abs module so that long brake line is probably going to have extra. im either going to make a couple turns to lose length or take it to the brake joint next door to my work after i test fit and have them shorten and flare the end.

DSC00027_zpsasjhf5xz.jpg

the longest one runs front to back of car....

DSC00026_zpsaadwvpjw.jpg

oh also new camera btw... if you couldnt tell....

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
greeting from canada.... i decided not to go with an after market water pump. read too many horror stories on other peoples threads. thanks alan mance motors....

IMG_20160116_191007_zpsbaxiwf3d.jpg

IMG_20160116_191139_zpsbwo06jmd.jpg

IMG_20160116_191206_zpshasmbhby.jpg

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
i wouldn't dare bother you with this type of nonsense. it was only a phone call and free delivery away. got trade price on it too...