Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hiclone

vtcommodo3800

Got me a v8!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VZ SS Thunder
do them hiclone things work has any one got one?

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
i've had two of em sitting in me rodeo ute for a few years.

No, I haven't found them to work....

Bloody waste of money

maxbow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
Hiclone. Yes or no?

Yeah, I got one. No difference in fuel economy at all. Has a bit more mid range grunt. I have taken it out and put it back in heaps and the difference is noticeable. Just give em more air, Ecotecs love it. Don't waste your cash on a hiclone, $160 err. Cheers Max.:hit: :b:

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
clixanup said:
Not true. They slice carrots very well.

the profit margin on these must be incredible....

suprising Hiclone is still in business as the fuel efficiency they claim just doesn't happen...

brockodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
Voodoo Blue 2010 VE SV6 Manual Sedan
no they dont work , i have a vx v6 with ss induction , fuel economy without hiclone 12.5 km/litre , with the hiclone worsened to 11.6 km/litre , save your money dont do it , talk about false advertising

zandahar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS 5L
sorry to hijack this but speaking of 'fuel saving' devices has anyone ever found one that actually works ? they all say they work on thier websites but asif theyre gunna say 'ohh yeah...it might workd it might not' lol

Oppinions on things like the Vaporate and Fuel Ionizers off ebay

M

mikemutlow

Ive done quite a bit of research on this as I was tempted by all the advertising blurb. My overall conclusion is that they are all generally a waste of time; if there was some simple way of giving a car a significant boost in fuel economy the manufacturers would be all over it. They spend millions of $$$ developing their engines and better fuel economy would translate into more sales - so they wouldn't hesitate. Also if you look at the means by which these devices are supposed to work - they all atempt to improve the combustion process; the simple truth is this is pretty much optimised within the basic design thes days and unless your engine is not running correctly they cannot make any real difference. The best approach to fuel economy is drive carefully, maintain your engine religously, and if something is wrong fix the actual problem - don't buy some bolt on device to try and get round the real issue.

bricat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Calais 5.7 A4
I put 2 in the turbo diesel L/cruiser and it made a big difference. Having said that let me say this, I put 1 in calais to no avail. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't:whistling