Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HID conversion in Vx

jip123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Equipe S2
im wanting to do a hid conversion to my vx. i know i need a h4 kit but when i search for kits they say they are h4-3 blubs. what i'd like to know it the h4-3 kit will work in my vx. btw im doing a lo ho conversion so all the lights will be a white :)

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
How about don't be a tool and get some nice Phillips + 100's?

jip123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Equipe S2
my mates at work rave about hids and they have a point plus the kits are cheap

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Too bad HID's are illegal and are **** in most commodores.

jip123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Equipe S2
Yea mate they look sick. the cost is not much more to do the hi aswell the only thing stopping my is this bloddy h4-3 ****

SE85VT

LOVE MY VT LOVE AUSTRALIA
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 V6 VT BERLINA
lol there not illigal my brothers a cop there is now law saying they are aloud and no law saying they arnt aloud mate the most you can get is a defect from a defect happy cop just make sure they dont shine in oncoming traffic eyes and you should be right my brother suggestes getting projector headlights im looking at getting a pair of projectors just looking out for a good second hand pair cheep lol

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
lol there not illigal my brothers a cop there is now law saying they are aloud and no law saying they arnt aloud mate the most you can get is a defect from a defect happy cop just make sure they dont shine in oncoming traffic eyes and you should be right my brother suggestes getting projector headlights im looking at getting a pair of projectors just looking out for a good second hand pair cheep lol

If your going to talk **** at least know what your talking about. We all have a brother/sister/cousin/mate of a mate who is a cop. HID's are illegal end of story.

Huntington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Being defectable makes them ILLEGAL. They dont write a law for every individual possible modifaction to a vehichle. It simply falls under the Road traffic act.

If the vehicle is of a prescribed class (which by the Road Traffic (Miscellaneous) Regulations 1999, regulation 32 includes: prime movers; commercial motor vehicles; and trailers) the Police or inspector can examine the vehicle whether or not there is reason to suspect deficiencies.

What is a defective vehicle?

A vehicle is considered defective if it:

does not comply with the vehicle’s standards;
has not been maintained in a condition that it can be driven or towed safely, if it would endanger the person driving/towing the vehicle, anyone else in or on the vehicle, or a vehicle attached to it or other road users.
does not have an emission control system fitted, or has an emission control system that has not been maintained.

and blah blah further down the act.
that the vehicle is not to stand or be driven on a road or be sold or otherwise disposed of, until:
•produced at specified place for examination;
•a clearance certificate is issued by a member of the Police, an inspector or vehicle registration authority certifying that the repairs are done; and
•the Police, inspector or vehicle authority caused the label to be defaced or removed from the vehicle; and

As arbitrary as the difference between defect and illegal are, it is illegal to drive a defective vehicle on public roads.
And yourself being in NSW should know that your rules and regulations are not only much stricter than the rest of Australia, but also enforced with much more vigor.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thank you Huntington.