Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HID conversion in Vx

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
I do not understand why there were more posts made, After mine...

+1 for epic post Hozy. Lost interest after about the 2nd or 3rd line though.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
You guys are missing the point with HIDs anyway.

Sure, they can be aimed so they dont dazzle drivers. Sure, even aimed in this way they are better than standard lights. I've tried this and been pretty happy with the results. But no, you cant aim them to achieve their full potential because you WILL blind other drivers.

BECAUSE you cant get the full potential of what are definitely extremely bright lights without aiming them in the normal direction, they arent nearly as effective as a set of totally legal Phillips Extremes aimed correctly. I've had both, this is not a guess.

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Iv tried the more expensive brands of standard bulbs and havnt had much luck. I lashed out and bought a HID 6000K kit for $120. Best value for money, because i drive this car at night i needed better lighting. I did spend several hours aligning the bastards so they are where they are ment to be and not up in the air looking for some dinner.
I went to the extreme of looking for projectors for a VS too. I know it was mission impossible, but i took it one further and bought some stock VT lights to see if i can crack the bastards open to see if moding those to fit a VS then i can get some projector VTs.. No luck again. Due to the car being lowered its not to bad. No complaints or people flashing high beams at me.

But some cars dont need them, like jacked up 4x4s (theres more then you think on the roads) and people with miss aligned head lights. I understand they are illegal, but short of driving with high beams on with on coming traffic, it was the best idea.

My 2cents. -puts flame suit on-

bricat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Calais 5.7 A4
"It's not wrong to do wrong only to get caught"

SE85VT

LOVE MY VT LOVE AUSTRALIA
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 V6 VT BERLINA
mine are fine in rain and fog they have been better for me all round mine are 6000k and i have never been flashed.

GIJoel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Old-ish, and somewhat resolved numerous times, but hey I felt like I needed to input. Lol.

You do realise telling the cop defecting you, that you won an interwebs argument about the legality of your headlights, won't do you any favours :p

Your on a forum seeking advice, you got advice also offered a better alternative. I think a thanks to these guys is in order

Sent from my ancient iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
:) I havent seen this post in awhile so I had to re-read it. I did pick up an extra point to argue though, so thanks lol

plus i have seen new cars coming out with them obviously they are using projector headlamps and have no self cleaning head lights?? sureley they would have to have them to be sold?

You need projector lamps for HID. You do not need HID for projector lamps. Many late model cars have projector lamps, halogen globes, and no self cleaning. They arent H4 and H1, because the focal point still needs to be different because they are positioned differently in the lamp, but most are not HID, whether they are projectors or not, just halogen.

frewcha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50th Anniversary
oi ####tards, if HID'S are illegal why are there so many cars coming out FROM THE FACTORY WITH REFLECTOR HEADLIGHTS WITH HID'S?
they are not illegal in any which way the only lights that are illegal is any colour that is not white the yellow of headlights and the bluey purple of hid's

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
oi ####tards, if HID'S are illegal why are there so many cars coming out FROM THE FACTORY WITH REFLECTOR HEADLIGHTS WITH HID'S?
they are not illegal in any which way the only lights that are illegal is any colour that is not white the yellow of headlights and the bluey purple of hid's

Clue.. you have none.