Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hidden audio amp in the VE's

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
I had a look at the VZ one and it is set to medium.
I turned it up a little but the subs are not really the great any way (im used to 2 12"")

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hey what sort of adjustments and how>

the adjustments on the amp are just gain.
from factory they are set to 1/4 and i upped mine to 3/4...more bass
any more than 3/4 gain and you will get distortion

eddieve06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
I'm assuming that its just the SS,SSV,Calais and so go get the amp, not the sv6 etc?

HotSSV

Bringer of much joy
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 6l VE SSV
I'm assuming that its just the SS,SSV,Calais and so go get the amp, not the sv6 etc?

Not sure in the SV6 if you look in the boot next to the battery and see if you can feel a box on the otherside of the black plastic cover.

Easiest way is to pull the lining back and look.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i am pretty sure its only the CalaisV and the SSV
they are the ones with the premium sound system...the 11speaker one

i know the SS definately doesnt have an amp as heaps of guys on the cruise on sunday with SS said they dont have em

the amp is only for the subs on the rear parcel shelf...so if you have the subs you should have the amp

raedd2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais VE
i am pretty sure its only the CalaisV and the SSV
they are the ones with the premium sound system...the 11speaker one

i know the SS definately doesnt have an amp as heaps of guys on the cruise on sunday with SS said they dont have em

the amp is only for the subs on the rear parcel shelf...so if you have the subs you should have the amp

Yup i believe your right there, only the CalaisV & SSV. I have the Calais and installed my own amp where the spare tyre use to be with the 10" sub in the boot area.

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
i would be guessing under the seat, but im not too sure. for some reason i think mums VS stato had one... but i could be full of **** :thumbsup:

mate u could be right...we had a vs caprice and that had one....couldnt leave the radio on without the car goin for more than 15 minutes without the battery goin flat.

cheers
ryan

sen8or

Living The Dream
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V 6M
Dumb Question... But...
Could you buy a descent aftermarker amp and have it wired into the current factory amps spot and throw a sub box in the boot???
I had a VS III Caprice & VS Senator.. Wish I knew they had amps... Bloody holen make you think that they are toooo good to have their often **** stereos upgraded to sound half descent. SSV 'premium' aint to premium in my books! Although the LCD does look good hehehe