Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

high beam wire on a VY SS ute

Sarge1962

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
hi all, am having problems with wiring up a pair of 4" light bars.
wired up as follows
Relay
pin
30 to positive on battery
85 to earth
87 to light bars
86 to switch

switch (led rocker type)
pin 1 earth
pin 2 load (light bars)
pin 3 power from high beam. this is where i am having problems as i cant find the high beam wire to tap into, if anyone can help me that would be muchly appreciated.

Tony

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
You wont find a highbeam positive as commodores do the switching from low beam to highbeam with the negative.
At the headlight plug you will need to find the earth wire which comes on when you flick to high beam, you can run a wire from this to pin 85 of the relay. You will then need to find the positive which comes on when you turn your headlights on, you can run a wire from this to pin 3 of your switch. Only issue doing it this way is the led light on your spotlight switch will light up with low beam aswell as high beam, you could just leave the earth wire off the switch if that bothers you.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
How To Wire Up Spotlights on VT - VZ
# Use a four pin 30 amp relay and Ignore the fact that the relay in this picture has 5 pins
# On a 4 pin relay you will only have one pin 87 and both spotlight + wires are connected to it

Spotlight Wiring for VT-VZ Negative switching.jpg

Last edited: