Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

high beams come on early???

steak000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk Calais
hey, noticed with the new vs ute i just got, when driving at nite time and with lights on and just sort of push slightly forward like just a little tap the high beams will activate,well before it clicks into high beam?? can any one help, dont wont to take it to auto elect

manualwagon

manualwagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 calais, 2017 Triumph Tiger. 2023 Jolion HEV
You will probably find that when you push the dipper forward towards high beam you are activating the headlight flasher, when you push it a little further it will click on to High beam. the idea is for when you want to flash someone, like telling them there's a radar around the bend, you dont have to go all the way to High beam

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
but thats what the pull function is ment for, i think you have a bum switch. try flicking the indicator on whilst on low beem and ill bet the high beems flash.
easy fix just buy a new switch not that expensive unless its got cruise but still around the 100 mark and easy to do your self (fitement wise)

steak000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk Calais
i think by reading other threads that maybe its the actual stalk, what i mean is not when i drive and wont to activate high beams, i just drive and it will either flash randomly or will activate with out warning, and like if i flash flash, the problem will stop for a while. is it a stalk problem??

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
You will probably find that when you push the dipper forward towards high beam you are activating the headlight flasher, when you push it a little further it will click on to High beam. the idea is for when you want to flash someone, like telling them there's a radar around the bend, you dont have to go all the way to High beam

Flashing headlights was never intended to warn other motorists of speed cameras etc. Why would you want to warn someone who's standard of driving may be a real threat to you or someone else and their families. Sure beats me !!!! Recalcitrant offenders should be banned from driving for life. A great way to make our roads safer.

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
If its that big of an issue to you its time for a new stalk, if not just live with it.

steak000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk Calais
so live with it so when going down high way and driving behind someone and then gets a flash or more prolonged high beam exposure, all im wondering if it is a stalk problem or something else

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
so live with it so when going down high way and driving behind someone and then gets a flash or more prolonged high beam exposure, all im wondering if it is a stalk problem or something else

yes more than likely it is. its the thing that gets used most so its probly worn out.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
just go toa wreckers and hunt out one that looks newish, the better the writing on it, the more likely thats its not that old, its one of those parts that at least 80% of commo's would have had replaced by now, along with 90% of everything else.