Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

High Flow Cats/Extractors Vf2 SSVR

Kandhol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wn caprice v
Which brand is it ?

Some brands mention it won't fit car with oil coolers

Below is the Rhyno Exhaust

View attachment 240713
Thanks Daniel. I bought second hand looks like Empire ones and my car is 6.0lt. Do you know if trans cooler pipes tucked inside or outside of engine mount. On my ve they inside but this car they outside. I m not sure if mechanic put them outside when i got the engine mount chsnged.

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
Thanks Daniel. I bought second hand looks like Empire ones and my car is 6.0lt. Do you know if trans cooler pipes tucked inside or outside of engine mount. On my ve they inside but this car they outside. I m not sure if mechanic put them outside when i got the engine mount chsnged.
I am not sure , lets hope someone can help.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Outside mount. My xforce headers fit but I've cable tied the trans pipes to the engine mount (not tightly) to keep them away from the headers. I removed the plastic spacer that sits between them too. With that removed they are quite flexible.

Kandhol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wn caprice v
Outside mount. My xforce headers fit but I've cable tied the trans pipes to the engine mount (not tightly) to keep them away from the headers. I removed the plastic spacer that sits between them too. With that removed they are quite flexible.
Thanks dassaur, i'll check where that plastic spacer is and is it easy to remove that. I mean just need to undo the bolt.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Absolutely 100%. There is little difference in bottom and mid between tri Y and long tube 4-1's, but the 4-1's have more top end. They sound better too. High flow cats make a big difference as well.
Tri-y's are faster on a race track unless you're running a close ratio gearbox with a narrower RPM band and there's not much difference. There's not many well designed 4 into 1's for road use as they're primarily made to fit the chassis with large collectors to accommodate cats, nothing I've seen readily available with merge collectors to maximise scavenging. Probably good for drag racing cammed auto trans cars with high stalls. I personally don't fit 4 into 1's on a road car unless someone specifically wants them.

High flow cats are a good improvement but given they're equally non-compliant as a catless system, a zero cell cat with a better collector is probably a more ideal alternative.