Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

High idle, holding gears longer, engine light comes on around right corners

Pretty Good

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU V6 Auto
Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.
Got a VU V6 auto ute a few months ago. It had an issue with running rough when it shifted into over drive, replaced DFI module and coils. All was fine until a few days ago, it started idling high 1200 - 1500 in drive, over 2000 in neutral/park, wont shift gears until over 3000rpm. The engine light will come on and off randomly but will always flash once then stay on for a while after turning right corners, not left. I got codes P0405, P0122, P0341, P1361, P0341, P0327. Checked wiring, all engine earths are connected, cant see any other issues. Have replaced TPS and swapped out ECU(ebay special) and no change. I do have an IAC motor and cam sensor to try on the weekend, but a bit reluctant that this will fix my issues. I have also connected a smoke machine to check for air leaks, found a few small leaks, fixed but no change. Tried going through other forum posts and i find simular problems, but either the fixes are not posted or the fix does not rectify my issues. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.
Got a VU V6 auto ute a few months ago. It had an issue with running rough when it shifted into over drive, replaced DFI module and coils. All was fine until a few days ago, it started idling high 1200 - 1500 in drive, over 2000 in neutral/park, wont shift gears until over 3000rpm. The engine light will come on and off randomly but will always flash once then stay on for a while after turning right corners, not left. I got codes P0405, P0122, P0341, P1361, P0341, P0327. Checked wiring, all engine earths are connected, cant see any other issues. Have replaced TPS and swapped out ECU(ebay special) and no change. I do have an IAC motor and cam sensor to try on the weekend, but a bit reluctant that this will fix my issues. I have also connected a smoke machine to check for air leaks, found a few small leaks, fixed but no change. Tried going through other forum posts and i find simular problems, but either the fixes are not posted or the fix does not rectify my issues. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Check this out. May help?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Check for a vacuum leak, in particular the small vacuum hose that comes off the bottom of the throttle body and goes under the the intake plenum to the purge valve at the back of the drivers side head.