Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

High speed shaking

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Just an update upon further testing by myself it seems to happen from 90-110 below 90 and past 110 it goes away completely.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Yeah I reckon hit-up the dealer for the fix, 'cos they in turn will hit-up whoever they paid good money to fit+balance the tyres.
That way it's the dealer & not you needing to argue over getting it fixed for free (and it SHOULD be free - there's no way it's not covered under statutory warranty).

Reactions: HDJ

HDJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
It’s really bumming me out because I can’t stretch it’s legs haha. Hopefully a quick fix on Tuesday. Btw fellas when should trans and diff oil be changed. Car has done 66,009kms atm

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Btw fellas when should trans and diff oil be changed. Car has done 66,009kms atm
Holden service schedule is.... well part of their planned obsolescence strategy. I don't even think the diff oil is mentioned in the schedule and auto specifies silly kms if memory serves correctly. Such isn’t good for those who want to keep their cars for a long long time. Holden’s PO strategy resulted in the removal of the auto dipstick which has become one with the dodo :eek:

So, some here would say you should have done the diff and box 15,009 kms ago; as every 50k seems good practice if you want diff and gearbox to last :cool:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Holden service schedule is.... well part of their planned obsolescence strategy. I don't even think the diff oil is mentioned in the schedule and auto specifies silly kms if memory serves correctly. Such isn’t good for those who want to keep their cars for a long long time. Holden’s PO strategy resulted in the removal of the auto dipstick which has become one with the dodo :eek:

So, some here would say you should have done the diff and box 15,009 kms ago; as every 50k seems good practice if you want diff and gearbox to last :cool:

Do you know when Holden deleted the auto dipstick? Ford deleted it around 1996 (EF Falcon range), so Holden aren't the only ones to do it

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@vc commodore, do you know planned obsolescence is a really old strategy first started in the lightbulb industry dating back to 1930 something :p

Really, what does it matter when Holden removed the auto dipstick and who actually first created a sealer for life transmission?

Fact is, it’s a shitty move by any manufacturer that does such as it makes getting trans fluid levels that much more of a PITA. Having a well calibrated trans dipstick with cold and hot marks on it makes life much easier for those that care about their cars...

I believe many here would say change your auto trans fluid around the 50,000kms mark if you want your transmission to last... And they’d also say getting fluid level correct is critical to a well operating auto, which in my mind is much easier to do at home if you’ve got a trans dipstick :p

Bill Dvdsn

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSVE Commodore Ute
Happened to me.
**** tyres on it when I bought it were de-laminating!!!

Phillbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Black Edition V8
Had the same issue on my VF. At 100kmh I would get a subtle shake in the steering wheel and as I started to veer left the shake would get worse. Solved it be getting a stud centric balance carried out. Very few tyre mobs have a machine that will do this, most carry out hub centric only. Goodyear was the place I went to.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
It’s really bumming me out because I can’t stretch it’s legs haha. Hopefully a quick fix on Tuesday. Btw fellas when should trans and diff oil be changed. Car has done 66,009kms atm
Do trans now. I did mine at 75,000 and I wish i did it when I got the car @ 70k