Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Highbeam problem

aries_adel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redhot VX S
I've just changed the Phillips GT150 H4 for my lowbeam and Vision Plus H1 for my highbeam. However, when I turned the highbeam on, only the left side has highbeam, the right side (driver side) didn't work. For the lowbeam, both sides worked well. Any suggestion mates?

Misaprop

black betty
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
The reason he asked that is when you touch the bulb, you leave your fingerprint, which due to the massive temperetures the bulb reaches can cause uneven expansion of the glass, cracking the bulb, and causing it to not work

aries_adel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redhot VX S
I didn't touch the bulb. I checked all the fuses and relays and they're still working (they should be as the highbeam's still working in 1 side). And one more thing is in lowbeam, the left side seemed to be brighter than the driver's side.

Misaprop

black betty
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
the left side being brighter, could be the adjustment... as I think the right side is pointed down more than the left so as not to blind oncoming traffic

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
If it was working before you changed globes then perhaps you accidently connected the plug onto the globe the wrong way around.

aries_adel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redhot VX S
Thanks mates. I checked the plugs onto the globe and it's in the right position. Yesterday, I took the dash surround out to drill a hole for the fog light switch. I think perhaps I missed something when I re-inserted the plug to the headlight switch. There's a small black plug that I think I may forget it. I'll pull out the dash surround again tomorrow to check it.

Lloyd1986

Reaction score
Website
www.lcimagery.com
Members Ride
VX II Supercharged S pack
There should only be one plug for the headlights, the black plug your talking about with just one pin is ignition 21v which you don't need to worry about. Try swapping the left and right side bulbs. If it works in the left, then you know its not the bulb. The bulb just may have never have worked.