Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hissing Aircon

11Holden11

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
not having a dig but i was suprised when i was taught this, a/c gas will over time leak through the rubber hoses, thats why cars may need regassing because over time its leaked to that point it effects a/c performance.

not having a dig but i was suprised when i was taught this, a/c gas will over time leak through the rubber hoses, thats why cars may need regassing because over time its leaked to that point it effects a/c performance.

metal pipes are more common now instead of hoses (which are very slightly porous) - compressor seals can weep as can O rings used to seal pipes - sensors etc. and also loose fittings.
system can stop working over night for all sorts of reasons including pressure that eventually drops enough to cut compressor out - suggest local auto elect. and at least have pressure tested and check for obvious leaks or gas and dye system if no leaks found - not repairing is a personal decision but can cost you later when you wish to sell and all the seals plus original problem will need fixing.........

Bob33

Reaction score
Members Ride
e3 maloo
metal pipes are more common now instead of hoses
rubber hoses are still required because of engine vibration and engine rocking. there not long pieces of hose but to allow for movement they are needed.