Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hit and run

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Hey guys, first post in the pub but want to get your opinions on this situation.

I was parked at work when I saw someone hit my car and drive off, luckily I got the rego number. Few mins layer, I saw the same car parked in the shopping centre with corresponding damage to its front where it had hit my car, so I left a note saying that I saw them hit my car and that they should come to where they hit my car to sort it out otherwise I am going to the police. Went to lodge a report to the police station and when I got back, the car was gone, and no one from work had heard from the other driver.

What are my chances of getting this scum to pay for the damages caused? It has damaged the rear drivers door and the rear quarter panel, can the police charge the guy for hit and run negligence? There are other witnesses that saw the incident and also passed on the rego details to me, which match up to the details I took down. Also have pics of his car damage and my car damage.

PROBLEM?

umadbro?
Reaction score
Members Ride
commo
should have waited for him/her at there car.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Im pretty sure, if you go thrpugh insurance, they will track down the owner and make them pay.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Unfortunately I couldn't wait there because I was working, and they could have been in the shops for hours.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I was backed into and the chick drove off while I was picking up a pizza and my date was waiting in the car.
she wrote down the rego and we went and lodged a report. A week later I got a call saying they found the person and had my cheque.

Go to the local police station and fill out a report. Did u get any photos when u saw the car again?

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
If you report it to the cops they fine the driver, it a decent fine too somewhere around the $1000 mark.

My brothers mate reversed into his other mates car in a car park then drove off, some old lady saw it and reported it to the cops cause she didnt know any better and thought she was doing the right thing.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Then u should be down at the copshop filling in the paper work and showing them the photos!

Gtfo then come back :)

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
As long as you have the witnesses details and they give statements and you file a report he will at least will be charged and fined I would say the other person might have been drunk at the time thats why they might have drove off so by the time the cops catch up they have time to sober up a bit

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
^^ As quoted above make sure your witness is prepared to sign a stat dec or it will be a waste of time..