Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hit gutter need help please

donboy2000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Thats a damaged strut with all the oil pissing out you've bent it and popped the seal.

vnsmanual

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S Manual
Took it to tyre place they realigned wheel and checked everything over. Ive cleaned strut shock tube and it doesnt seem to be leaking anymore. im keeping an eye on it, i think its just dirty from when i changed the cartridge.

Long story short is they adjusted the wheel alignment and the steering wheel (from underneath) and its fixed.

Thanks to everyone that helped.

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
Just noticed that your first two photos weren't taken at the same point at the front anyway... i.e bumper in relation to the rear of the arch

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Those sway bar links look a bit sus, the bushes are some sort of Urathane and it doesn't look like there is much movement available given how much those things rotate and squash I think you should look at that as it could be putting a lot of pressure on the rest of the front when you steer the car especially near full lock.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
The washers on you're sway bar link pins should go the other way around, the way you have them allows them to 'cut into' the bush. Flip the washers over so they curve away from the bush.

Are they the 'heavy duty' ones off ebay, with the curved pin? How long have you had them in for?

And to me, the 'oil' in the pics looks like its just water/half wet still. You can see a drop of water forming on the bottom of the sway bar link pin.
If there was that much oil I think it would be a really obvious problem. :p

vnsmanual

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S Manual
yeah there the heavy duty one of ebay. I did check them out and thought they were looking a bit sus considering how long they have been in there.

Its quite possible i have them around the wrong way.

To swap the washers will this effect my wheel alignment?

are the heavy duty ones from ebay any good?

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Nah, swapping the washers won't effect your alignment, just help the bushes last a bit longer.

I'm not too sure if they're any good, I was going to ask you that :p Going by the pics they look stronger than the standard ones :)