Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HM Headers Help Please

vsdore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec (RIP) & VYII 9C1
thanks mate, i'll look. engine mounts are expensive i bet?

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
expensive not really...about $140 for kelpro ones last time i checked....but they are time consuming as they arent the best things to fit....
the spacers under the mounts is a quick fix to get the most out of the mounts but they will eventually split thru the middle and need to be replaced

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
I bought HM headers, didn't like their quality control. I initally recieved 2 LH extractors, no bolts or flanges, sent them back and forth until I recieved the correct parts. Took 3 months!! haha thanks HM headers/perry exhausts.

VS-HSV-V6

Smashn2nd
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
i work for Mce Motorsport (mindarie custom exhaust) in perth and fittin extractors to most cars is a long job even when you have the right tools u have to remove the steering colum and rack from underneath then the left hand side ie passengers side goes in from the top and drives side goes in from underneath then you got to weld a flange on the end and make sure you haven't cut the pipe to th cat too short, trust me i will prob take u a good 2 days

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
i work for Mce Motorsport (mindarie custom exhaust) in perth and fittin extractors to most cars is a long job even when you have the right tools u have to remove the steering colum and rack from underneath then the left hand side ie passengers side goes in from the top and drives side goes in from underneath then you got to weld a flange on the end and make sure you haven't cut the pipe to th cat too short, trust me i will prob take u a good 2 days

What a crock.....I'm sorry but this I had to reply to. VS extractors...2-3hrs max....a welder is required to weld the flange plates to the engine pipes but they go in really easy. The RHS may give you grief if you have ABS but apart from that it's pretty straight forward. Some cars are a hassle eg: 5 ltr Commodores but V6 and Gen 3 are not that hard.