Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HM headers

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
If pacemaker are better around 3000rpm wouldn't the be the best bet as the torque really kicks in hard on the Buick's @ 2700rpm. Mid range would be impressive great for overtaking and bursting out of corners.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
SlickHolden said:
If pacemaker are better around 3000rpm wouldn't the be the best bet as the torque really kicks in hard on the Buick's @ 2700rpm. Mid range would be impressive great for overtaking and bursting out of corners.

The torque kicks in hard at 1200 rpm and is basically a flat line through to 4000rpm :p

But the Pacemakers have the longest runners of the lot. But yeah the VN has great downlow torque anyway, so on a VN I reckon the pacies are a great matchup!

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
With my car i feel a hard pull about 2700rpm up to 4300rpm then it changes.
But thats like going around a corner @ 20kp/h and still in 2nd and then accelerating up about 75% throttle.

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
What other brands of headers are ok? I've been thinking about getting some, either new or second hand (ebay)

i'm not too concerned with top end power, mainly down low torque. Oh and a nice sound is always important :)

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Ive got a set of pacemakers installed on my VN V6 with 2.5" straight through (stock cat). When I first put them on I could feel the responce as soon as I touched the accelerator at idle. But I haven't seen or herd about HM headers before, So yeah looks like the ball is in your court man.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Mr_Slim said:
What other brands of headers are ok? I've been thinking about getting some, either new or second hand (ebay)

i'm not too concerned with top end power, mainly down low torque. Oh and a nice sound is always important :)

Extractors are not made for low end torque. But the closest set of headers for that job is HM Headers but remember they are also very expensive.

Depending on what you want from headers and whats been done to your engine the best brands are Pacemaker, HM, Genie and of course Di Filippo.

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
Ive got HM tuned length on mine, no complaints here

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
Yeh i'm leaning towards the HM tuned length headers, i'l have a chat to the guys at tidd bros when I go to buy them.