Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hmmm decisons, decisions.

blueVP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP, VL walkinshaw replica
So, I've had my VL for a few years now and am starting to get a bit bored with it.
been looking and have found a LC GTR for an affordable price, I've always wanted one and they're getting rare.

Then I found a VR senator 215i for a pretty decent price, which is what i was originally looking for when i bought the vl.

The missus however wants me to keep the VL and I can see why. I have put alot of money and time into it and it is pretty sexy.

If i get the GTR the VL has to go but if i get the senator i may be able to persuade her to let me keep the VL.

So do I:
A) buy the GTR and break the bank until the VL sells
B) buy the senator and sell the VL
C) be greedy and buy the senator and keep the VL
D) just keep the VL and spend the money on it.

What do you think??

blueVP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator 215i $8,500
$_20.JPG 1.JPG

LC GTR $18,500
lc.JPG t.JPG

My current car.
IMAG1545_BURST002.jpg 1234050_501337489957466_2112169137_n.jpg

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
What will you regret more not owning when you have one of those moments looking back at your life and say..."if only i bought the GTR and the Sen..."
The GTR's going to be harder and more expensive to come by in time, yeah?
Also, there'll be VS Sen's to buy in a few year times around the same price, kms and age in a few years as this VR Sen?

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
Bit under 10 years ago I almost bought a VL walky. I didnt cause everyone told me it wasnt the smart choice.
Now there more then double the price and get a feeling of regret every time I see one.
Definitely the GTR

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
My choice would be the GTR, But your VL looks pretty cool too.
Fun factor of driving a GTR at full noise on a winding country road would be the ultimate.

blueVP

Reaction score
Members Ride
I keep having the same argument with myself over and over.

I know the GTR has potential as an investment later on in life but I don't know if i can justify spending that amount right now, ment to be saving for a house etc.
BUT I REALLY WANT ONE!

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
if your bored of the VL then make yourself fall back in love with it. change the rims, go a bigger turbo, or drop a LS turbo in there.

you take it to the track, so build a better track car. do you really wanna thrash a senator or put a GTR into the wall?

but if your that eager to get your hands on a new car then think of it like this:

if your doing it for money: GTR will more than likely fetch a fair bit in the next 10+ years
if your doing it for cruising comfort: picture windows down and missus next to you in the senator

its personal preference at the end of the day. like me personally if i had a torana in my shed id prob light my shed on fire and watch it burn. and the torana boys would prob say the same thing about my car.

blueVP

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think I've made the decision to buy the senator and keep the VL. I even got the nod from the missus :dance:

The senator will do for a nice car to cruise around in and take to the strip occasionally and the VL will be an ongoing project that will see the track as often as possible.

Still would love a GTR but it's just not the right timing. My dads gonna be sad, he's a torana man :boohoo:

No doubt I'll wake up tomorrow and change my mind again haha

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Party pooper alert.
I owned an LC GTR. To be honest it was a POS. It oversteered, brakes were really touchy, bits fell off it all the time.
Rust was a real problem and it seemed every drive it tried to kill me.

blueVP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Party pooper alert.
I owned an LC GTR. To be honest it was a POS. It oversteered, brakes were really touchy, bits fell off it all the time.
Rust was a real problem and it seemed every drive it tried to kill me.

Well this makes me feel a little better and a bit disappointed at the same time.