Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden 100hr Sale starts Sept 12

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
Hi all just found an online ad advertising a 100 hr sale for Holden beginning Sept 12. Includes:

5 yr warrant,
5 yr road side assist,
3 yr free service,
huge factory bonus?

Does anyone know what is the huge factory bonus? My guess is auto for manual price.

Cheers.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Auto for manual price does not seem like a huge factory bonus to me. However, the 5/5/3 are certainly of some value as well.

I expect that the bonus is a $ amount to the dealer, making it hard to be sure what is a fair price.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
$500 i think

thats holden for you

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
I just went to the Holden website. There's a pop up. Enter your details for $1000 off a new SV6, off the best negotiated price. Seems a decent offer. Probably disappear before the 12th thou so it doesn't conflict with this other promotion.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
The Factory Bonus is $500. On a vehicle that doesn't have a set price point, like the VF, it becomes very difficult to see if the dealer is actually passing on the full bonus or not..... The dealer doesn't actually get paid the full $500 either. It's a 50/50 contribution, plus the dealer also pays towards the extended warranty, servicing and roadside, etc.

The $1,000 cashback offer for online from the holden.com.au website is a separate offer. It comes in the form of a cheque directly back from Holden and is not actually included in the deal as such. The dealer only validates the cashback form and sends it off to Holden. It takes Holden roughly 4 to 6 weeks to send the cheque out in the mail.

The 100 hour sale offer runs until Monday and then something new will start on Tuesday......

SMcC

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV Redline Sedan
Meh!!! As a marketing professional I can almost guarantee that any day of the year you could walk into your local dealer and negotiate a price that would effectively take off whatever the value of these "specials" or factory discounts are worth.
I love the Holden brand but by having a "special" nearly every month, the majority of the general public simply pays no attention what so ever due to over exposure.. Yes Holden need to market & promote their product and gather further market exposure, but the frequency of these promotions is ridiculous!
If it was BMW or Merc for example, I would pay more attention to it, simply because we are not exposed to a special deal from them every single month!

For example at the moment 10 prime time 30 second TV adds cost on average approx $200-250k. (Chn7 $300k, C9 250K, Ch10 180k) Holden would likely have a corporate rate so lets be conservative @ $200k for the timeslots + another $20k to make the add (220k)
If the factory bonus is $500 then they need to sell 440 cars in 4 days simply to break even.
They would not be getting much more exposure at all, because over the years they have saturated the advertising market to the point where its beyond a joke.

Last edited:

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
Meh!!! As a marketing professional I can almost guarantee that any day of the year you could walk into your local dealer and negotiate a price that would effectively take off whatever the value of these "specials" or factory discounts are worth.
I love the Holden brand but by having a "special" nearly every month, the majority of the general public simply pays no attention what so ever due to over exposure.. Yes Holden need to market & promote their product and gather further market exposure, but the frequency of these promotions is ridiculous!
If it was BMW or Merc for example, I would pay more attention to it, simply because we are not exposed to a special deal from them every single month!

For example at the moment 10 prime time 30 second TV adds cost on average approx $200-250k. (Chn7 $300k, C9 250K, Ch10 180k) Holden would likely have a corporate rate so lets be conservative @ $200k for the timeslots + another $20k to make the add (220k)
If the factory bonus is $500 then they need to sell 440 cars in 4 days simply to break even.
They would not be getting much more exposure at all, because over the years they have saturated the advertising market to the point where its beyond a joke.

Spot on SMcC....of course you can....I looked up the Holden Deal on the SV6... 5+5+5+ ?? bonus $1000 etc....are you getting the same deal from the Barina to the HSV right across the full range...the bonus seems to be separate to the 5+5+5 as it says it is not available with any other offers etc...also it lists Mylink but no Satnav..no full size alloy wheel...no mudflaps...no floor mats...no window tint....to which a person would purchase with the car as a basic accessory...not real sure about a warranty claim in 5 years time ?....Holden will no longer exist....so by the time you wheel and deal you may as well forget about the 5+5+5+bonus deals and do as SMcC says above a private deal....the brochure they put out seems to be hairy fairy....and if you have a trade in do they downsize the dollar figure as against a private deal ?

SMcC

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV Redline Sedan
not real sure about a warranty claim in 5 years time ?....Holden will no longer exist....so by the time you wheel and deal you may as well forget about the 5+5+5+bonus deals and do as SMcC says above a private deal....the brochure they put out seems to be hairy fairy....and if you have a trade in do they downsize the dollar figure as against a private deal ?

Warranty will be honoured, the Holden brand will still be alive via dealerships so dont see an issue there.
They wouldnt be allowed by various government bodies to promote and market a 5 year warranty if they cant deliver.

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
Warranty will be honoured, the Holden brand will still be alive via dealerships so dont see an issue there.
They wouldnt be allowed by various government bodies to promote and market a 5 year warranty if they cant deliver.

Not real sure if the small dealerships will be around in 5 years...I have seen both a Ford and Holden dealership closed down in a country town of late....and you would have to take your vehicle to the city for warranty....I remember when I had VY I took to another dealership for warranty..because it was convenient as were shopping there and you could leave the car all day....the booking in clerk said you did not buy the car from us and was very arrogant and not pleasant at all...ah well not to worry.