Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden and Ford to maybe run the same chassis - Nascar style..

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
What's everyones opinion on this?

They want Holden and Ford vehicles to run the same chassis to cust costs, much like the Nascar series in the US.

So basically, the cars will be the exact same apart from the engine and body panels which will resemble the car brand.

I think its taking it too far, if anything they should be going back to the standard vehicle bodies.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
yeah, siff itll make any difference at all...

They should only be able to race exec's hahaha.... Just stock v6 and straight 6 engines... that would be funny as, no body mods or nothing... hahah

But seriously, chassis will be pointless...

aZk.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Will never happen. Motor racing is all about competition and the best vehicle winning. Even with the 'parity' system that exists for V8s I reckon stinks as it removes the true competitive nature of the sport. Seems to me that it is biased toward Ford anyway. They always seem to be struggling to catch up and make the pace.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Yawn

I have stopped even noticing the V8's now. Why not run the same chassis, would you even notice the difference on TV?,

As of the new rules, they run the same aero, front and rear suspension, gearbox, diff (with limited ratios).

There are probably more but can't think right now.

They may as well just get a one make series (BMW Minis anyone)

50LTRv8

feistl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 6.3L/M6
Im totally over the V8s these days. Boring as ****, especially since we are seeing quickshift gearboxes.

However, has anyone been watching the pre races? With the V8 Monaros, Evos, Lotus's etc? Brilliant. I think its brilliant. You've got fast cars through the corners (Lotus elise, evos, wrx etc) and fast cars down the straights (V8 Monaros etc)

Much more entertaining.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Wont matter what the use. Still boring most of the time. Follow the leader. All just about make the same noise and change gears at the same spot.

Give me the V8 Utes any day - bit of biff n barge.

Nascar is used as sleeping pills in my house. Put a Nascar tape on and I'm asleep in no time:)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yeah screw the supertaxis it's been going down hill for years. They stuffed it up when Ford had a crapy body / aero shape and needed help to catch up ever since then it's been getting more ridiculous every year. I'll stick with my Formula one sure the rules are also stricter then they used to be but at and least you get to make your own car / engine. I'd like to see touring cars like the old days but it would need to be simply V8 execs or whatever is the most base model with a V8 or Ford Turbo. In fact I'd like to see a 6 litre VE, XR8 and XR6T stock for stock and a SC Aurion too :p. They would have to ban limited run Bathurst specials being built because as cool as those cars were they ruined the class in the end. So yeah stock cars with huge ass cages for safety and I'd be pretty happy. No doubt a FG turbo would win for the next couple of years if it held together long enough but times change and you have to put up with one model dominating from time to time

brayden_87

Reaction score
yeah, siff itll make any difference at all...

They should only be able to race exec's hahaha.... Just stock v6 and straight 6 engines... that would be funny as, no body mods or nothing... hahah

But seriously, chassis will be pointless...

aZk.

i agree lol

that would make it alot more interesting. Vx-Vz's with no traction control racing around the track in stock V6s haha id pay to see that.

imagine if they crashed "air bags deployed"
tyre flat "get out the jack and the spare"

..... for the chassis part.
pointless, more different they are, the better.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
bring back grp A racing

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
i agree lol

that would make it alot more interesting. Vx-Vz's with no traction control racing around the track in stock V6s haha id pay to see that.

imagine if they crashed "air bags deployed"
tyre flat "get out the jack and the spare"

..... for the chassis part.
pointless, more different they are, the better.

There's a class of racing on TV fairly often for the 6's, right now it's VT vs AU, the AU's are faster most races but there's a couple of VT's that win once in a while

Last edited: