Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Astra Convertible

A

AZZA

I was wondering if the astra convertible was worth buying. I live in ireland, yes a long way from Australlia. From where i come from some holden models are known as Vauxhalll/Opel, Our commodore is called the Monaro. Now back on topic. i am thinking of buying an opel astra convertible. is it worth buying, please give me your views :wave:

buddyforu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VPII Executive
Actually your Monaro VXR although based on the Commodore (and more specifically a HSV version), is not sold as a Commodore here. Its sold as a Monaro as well. The Astra convertable is certaintly a good buy with its Turbo engine, although its not as quick as the equivalent Turbo Coupe. It certaintly looks sexy though with its styled by Bertone exterior and leather interior! The only critisism I have seen is that its handling is not overly sporty, so if you think of it more as a seductive cruiser rather than an out-right sports car, you probably won't find anything better for the price!
:wave: