Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Berlina Series 2. Exhaust System?

Influx69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII SS - 280rwkw
hi i recently brought a stock holden berlina 1997 model and want to put a loud/good sounding exhaust system on it. what would you guys recommend?

thanks

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Set of Pacemaker extractors, into a single 2.5" exhaust drop the rear muffler.

That's about as good as you will get a V6 sounding. In my opinion, hot dogs etc and any pipes bigger than a single 2.5" just sound gay. But yeah, i don't think you can get V6's sounding great. I used to think you could until i bought a V8.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Don't make it loud. V6's sound best when they have a nice note to them that isn't loud. If you have a V8 then make it as loud as possible :thumbsup:

Influx69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII SS - 280rwkw
Don't make it loud. V6's sound best when they have a nice note to them that isn't loud. If you have a V8 then make it as loud as possible :thumbsup:
okayy i think i agree with you there, wat would be the best sounding note exhaust system then?

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
I've got pacemaker extractors into a 2 1/2" catback with 2 mufflers. Doesn't drone, but gives a nice bark when you put your foot down.

Gabster118

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina SII V6 3.8L
I was gonna do the same to mine, i was thinking pacemaker extractors with a high flow cat into a single 2-1/2" redback with mid and rear muffler and people say cut out the rear muffler cus its to quiet. Just wondering tho how does a pacemaker extractor thats 2-1/4" go onto a 2-1/2" cat??

chrismeli

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina commodore
get 2.5inch cat back,hi-flow stainlesscat, and pacemaker extractorssounds pretty tuff for a 6 mate, if your from around deer park areaill show u the sound of my car sum time if you like i recommend going to see TIDD BROS in newport/alton top notch work with the best customer service ever

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Extractors and a 2 1/2" system with a front muffler and tail pipe is probably the most common system, as for loudness, it's all personal choice.

I can do you a good price on the exhaust once you decide what you want.