Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Calais Ve 2007 Gps Navigation Start up problem, please help

jamierawr88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 Ve 2007 & Calais VE 2007
hi there
i just bought a holden calais Ve 2007 model, and when i press the gps button to start up the inbuilt gps it just says that the maps could not be found? any way to fix this?

vz 914

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV GTS , VZ UTE, VL GROUP A
Is the disc in the player?? (Inside glovebox)

jamierawr88

Reaction score
Members Ride
theres no disc player inside the glovebox :S lol

jamierawr88

Reaction score
Members Ride
yea it says exactly that :S
is it possible to get one installed or can it only be done when the car is getting made?
what about dvd player on the main front screen, is that possible by butting a dvd into the disc drive were music cd's go?

Deeznuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Calais
Hey there jamierawr,
there is no GPS problem, my Calais has the GPS button on the screen too, i think its just a factory standard piece for both VE Calais and Calais V GPS fitted or not. the lower class models like the berlina have that button as something different (its in the manual). its an option when bought and if you really wanna pay $3000 for holdens GPS kit go ahead, but i would call you crazy! i suggest get a tom tom or something like that, price well below $200 nowadays, it will give you navigation EXACTLY the same as these factory kits. i think its just the convenience of having the gps built in the vehicle instead of a separate unit that attracts some buyers. me in my opinion see it as useless and waste of money, since ive never even bought a new car after all LOL

the head unit in the VEs dont have a DVD reader in them, the DVD player is in the glovebox. the screen only plays CDs, be nice if it read DVD data disks but oh well i only use the AUX in my iPhone, thats the way to go :D
if you wanted all the DVD player stuff you should have went for a Calais V, they have the screen in the back and the dvd player...