Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden caprice audio problem

Amantoura

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm caprice 07
Hey guys I have a wm caprice and I'm having trouble with the sound system. I was listening to music and suddenly there was no sound. Everything Is working perfect just no sound. Then 2 days ago it started working automatically and stopped yesterday again. Auto electricians ask me to go to Holden And they wanna charge 135$ just to see what's wrong -.- anyone hv any idea what could be the problem? One auto elec guy checked supply to amp and then when I started the car I got abs fault warning and the. Later in day sound system started working. Is it amps fault? I asked around its around 1100$ new... Please help me and tell me what should I check?

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
Weird things happen to electrics on VE / WM's when batteries are the way out (heaps of threads on this type of issue in VE sections) - how old is your battery? The problem could hopefully be as simple as needing a new battery.

Amantoura

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm caprice 07
Weird things happen to electrics on VE / WM's when batteries are the way out (heaps of threads on this type of issue in VE sections) - how old is your battery? The problem could hopefully be as simple as needing a new battery.

Hi JR
Battery is about 7 months old..?

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
Bugger...
When you say amp, you mean the one factory amp that powers the sub? Ie if no sound for a few days, it probably would be an issue with that amp

I'm certainly no expert in this area, just putting ideas out there in hope someone else may chime in!

Also, ABS error may a coincidence, is it still on? I've read heaps of threads on one of the rear sensors being faulty and needing replacing - this may not be the case with a caprice.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
What does the head unit display when this is happening?

Amantoura

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm caprice 07
Hi jr. Nah it just came on once after he tested power supply to amp. And yes the factory amp from bose :/. Also dunno if it helps but both days when it stopped working were extremely hot days.

Amantoura

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm caprice 07
Hi tasmaniak,
It has all normal displays and I can control everything from dash or steering. But just no sound. I tried DVD and no sound but when I connect to headphones jack I can hear the DVD. But just no sound in speakers.

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
Just another suggestion, f you have the time and aren't keen to take to Holden, maybe try checking speak plug firmly connected into back of head unit - there should be info in this thread, I think it's the left side panel if head unit that comes off to access the back.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=159709

Amantoura

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm caprice 07
Hi jr nah not like mine. Well today was a cold morning and it started working again. So I guess it definitely has something to do with heat. Maybe the head unit or amp one of them is getting over heated and failing. And none of them is cheap :(. It worked for a while and then stopped again coz maybe got hot again. :/