Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

KLUBR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
So I found out today that 3 MSE have already suffered engine trouble. One engine needing to be completely replaced, one doing a rocker and another with something similar. All within 136km - 1200km. Doesn't make me feel good about mine and the issues I already have just after 400km. Hopefully no one else has engine failures.
Just had my first service completed, was a little over by the time I booked it in ( 1200 kms), as I didn't want to part with it for a day,, no issues, no rattles. Knocks or squeaks, if that makes everyone feel better . Sorry to those guys who had issues, I have no doubt Holden will sort for you .

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
So I found out today that 3 MSE have already suffered engine trouble.

Hi

My new Director only has a 3 year factory warranty. Bay City Holden in Frankston, Victoria who are my local Holden dealer have offered me an extended 6 year/175,000 k warranty for $795. Does anyone know if this is a dealer specific warranty or is it an extension of the factory GM warranty?

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Hi

My new Director only has a 3 year factory warranty. Bay City Holden in Frankston, Victoria who are my local Holden dealer have offered me an extended 6 year/175,000 k warranty for $795. Does anyone know if this is a dealer specific warranty or is it an extension of the factory GM warranty?

Regards,

RTSV6UTE
The PDS should give away clues as to the nature of the warranty and if it's a Holden product (which im 95% sure it isnt) or one that they sell.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Hi

Regards,

RTSV6UTE
It is not and it is not worth the paper it is written on. You can purchase the factory extended warranty directly through holden.
Dealer extended warranty requires you to service your car with them. Factory extended warranty does not.

https://m.holden.com.au/buying/extended-warranty

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
So I found out today that 3 MSE have already suffered engine trouble. One engine needing to be completely replaced, one doing a rocker and another with something similar. All within 136km - 1200km. Doesn't make me feel good about mine and the issues I already have just after 400km. Hopefully no one else has engine failures.
These numbers of failures I suspect are higher than normal so it would suggest either a lower level of QC or more likely something unique to the LE. I wonder if the engine oil cooler as part of the track 3 requirements may be responsible. When I take delivery of my MSE, I will be checking the oil level of the engine prior to taking delivery.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
These numbers of failures I suspect are higher than normal so it would suggest either a lower level of QC or more likely something unique to the LE. I wonder if the engine oil cooler as part of the track 3 requirements may be responsible. When I take delivery of my MSE, I will be checking the oil level of the engine prior to taking delivery.
I reckon morale at the factory would be all time low with people knowing the factory is dead in a month. QC would be pretty average. Probably low on staff too

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
If you are correct this does not go well for those still awaiting delivery of their LE like myself. Mine is supposed to be delivery Sept 28 so it is yet to be built. Your comments do make some sense as the staff left on the line would be awaiting their pending redundancy but have been aware of this for some time. Pending reality can bring things home though.