Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Thanks PSISLE. My dealer is on leave, so may be unaware that orders can now be placed. I'll contact the dealership tomorrow.
SuperCoach may know what the id code for motorsport is?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
SuperCoach may know what the id code for motorsport is?
Cheers,
Sorry for my ignorance on this, but can I assume that onece I'm armed with the MSE ID code, I can then request the dealer to place my order?

sabman57

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Spitfire MSE
GDay guys.

I've ordered an MSE recently. Thinking about Sports Armour, but not sure on its looks or usefulness.
Anyone got any thoughts? Essential/waste of money/ugly/nice look?
I have the Sports Armour on my 2014 Redline, its functional, protects against gutter scrapes and enhances the Redline's appearance. When I signed the contract for the MSE, I optioned the Sports Armour again, along with a few other things which will give the MSE character...

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers,
Sorry for my ignorance on this, but can I assume that onece I'm armed with the MSE ID code, I can then request the dealer to place my order?
I believe so, they should be able to go into their system, find that code and then generate an official order, which when signed by you will then go to the dealers stock controller, which then goes to Holden and gets the GMON
Tim from Timandhayley fame may be able to shed some more light on this for us?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Hey Spiderpig,
No from me unfortunately. I received this in an email from my dealer just now:

"Hi Steve.
As yet these are unable to be ordered with Holden. They are not in our SOM system yet. Unless it changed this week.
Will confirm once this happens over the coming weeks."
I have to say, these Adelaide based dealers have been great to deal with so far.
Have you received anything in writing from you dealer in this regard?
PS: Love the profile name. But what does a Spiderpig do?;)
These should now be in the SOM and be able to be ordered to be able to recieve your GMON in order to get your chance to chose your build number.

All i have for mine is VFH SSV Redline Motorsport Sedan

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Dealers can't place orders for MY17 VF. Holden places the orders and then allocate the vehicles to dealers based on the allocation that was communicated directly to dealers a few months back. We were allocated May build cars last week, so I assume June will be next week and July not long after that. The special editions might be done separate to this.

Once the limited editions are on dealers codes it is up to dealers to put customer details against the cars ASAP, as this will then trigger Holden to contact the customer directly with a link to a site to put in a build number request (this is what I've been lead to believe). It will be on a lottery style basis, assuming multiple customers choose the same build number.

Also, some of the media may have lead customers to believe that the model car being received with the Motorsport would be a mini model of their own car, when in fact all of the models will be Red Hot, but I think someone covered this off a while ago.

The only change that happened a couple of weeks ago was that Holden produced a formal price list for the special editions. This would have triggered the formal model codes to be included in a dealers operating system, which means most dealers who operate with a computerised contract system (not hand written) can now produce a proper printed contract with the proper model details listed. The actual model codes have been in SOM since MY17 became visible last December.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dealers can't place orders for MY17 VF. Holden places the orders and then allocate the vehicles to dealers based on the allocation that was communicated directly to dealers a few months back. We were allocated May build cars last week, so I assume June will be next week and July not long after that. The special editions might be done separate to this.

Once the limited editions are on dealers codes it is up to dealers to put customer details against the cars ASAP, as this will then trigger Holden to contact the customer directly with a link to a site to put in a build number request (this is what I've been lead to believe). It will be on a lottery style basis, assuming multiple customers choose the same build number.

Also, some of the media may have lead customers to believe that the model car being received with the Motorsport would be a mini model of their own car, when in fact all of the models will be Red Hot, but I think someone covered this off a while ago.

The only change that happened a couple of weeks ago was that Holden produced a formal price list for the special editions. This would have triggered the formal model codes to be included in a dealers operating system, which means most dealers who operate with a computerised contract system (not hand written) can now produce a proper printed contract with the proper model details listed. The actual model codes have been in SOM since MY17 became visible last December.
Thanks, informative as always

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
This is what my dealer just replied,

"I just checked with my distribution manager and your car is due for june/july allocation. Which means your car will start being built late march or early april. Vehicles for this allocation slot are yet to receive GMON or vin numbers yet.
Your friends car might be an earlier allocation, which is why he has these details"

This doesn't make alot of sense to me and doesn't seem to be in line with what ive heard elsewhere and on here. Anyone care to chime in or offer there thoughts @timandhayley ?