Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

dazinau

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Picking up my MSE on Friday morning. I was originally scheduled for delivery on Oct 1 but it has come early. All is Ok generally but the red caps and Biante Car and kit to arrive. The end caps will be fitted at the first service and I will pick up the car kit when it arrives.

In regard to insurance, I have been quoted $2000 for theft excess from alliance insurance on top the default excess of $600 and insurance quotes of between $2200 to $2600 per year from other insurers with either market value of $62000 to agreed value of $73400. I live in Sydney, in my 50s and the car will be parked in a locked garage.

hi there,
I also live in Sydney, am 49, car is in a carport visible to the street. NRMA were the cheapest of the main insurance companies' quotes I got. Almost as cheap as Coles & the like, I increased the excess to $1600 from memory (having made a claim 5 years or so back for a $2,000 repair it turned out to be just not worth it after having to say "Yes" to the question of have you had any at fault claims...).

They have an online quote which is pretty quick to fill out.

Red Lioness 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
hi there,
I also live in Sydney, am 49, car is in a carport visible to the street. NRMA were the cheapest of the main insurance companies' quotes I got. Almost as cheap as Coles & the like, I increased the excess to $1600 from memory (having made a claim 5 years or so back for a $2,000 repair it turned out to be just not worth it after having to say "Yes" to the question of have you had any at fault claims...).

They have an online quote which is pretty quick to fill out.

Red Lioness 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
Hi All,
New to this thread ,
Just wondering for those who owned a series 2 Redline prior to the MSE or director what differences they noticed in the new car now that you are driving the LEs
Thanks

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Hi

Does anyone know if the auto transmission in my new Director is the same auto transmission in the GTSR 435kw?

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
MSE's seem to be getting around everywhere in Melbourne. I've spotted at least 7 or 8 in the last week including this lovely soag example on the Monash about 5 this afternoon. Somebody from the forum maybe?
20170922_171112.jpg

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Hi

Does anyone know if the auto transmission in my new Director is the same auto transmission in the GTSR 435kw?

Regards,

RTSV6UTE
No, different ratios, controller, OS, mechanical detail, mainly clutch packs and torque converter. Uses TapShift 2.0.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Thanks Cuda, I'm sure I will, How are you going with the first 1000K's of blending, are they done yet?
No mate. Only about 200 clicks so far. I've been away on work and my MSE has been at the detailed for 2 weeks. Looking fwd to picking her up Sunday.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
No mate. Only about 200 clicks so far. I've been away on work and my MSE has been at the detailer for 2 weeks. Looking fwd to picking her up Sunday.
I expect you to utilise the shit out of this vehicle, to infinity and beyond :D