Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Let me guess... the bushes are red as homage to Holden Motorsport, and rear subframe has “Brocky” written in perfect blue all weather appliqué underneath? Catch the bushes from the side looks like race flames shooting out?
:rolleyes: #nahnotjelly
Prety much nailed it mate.
Not sure of the colour of the stiffer bush used from the Chevy Caprice cop car though?

SherKahn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore MS
The issue I have had with the passenger seat on my MSE doesn't seem to be isolated. The middle Electric switch for the seat on the passenger side is not working. This controls the recliner position on the seat has not worked since the day I picked it up. Dealer has been working on this issue and the part has been ordered. But was interesting that they told me that Holden have ordered 300 of these parts (Due 5th October) with 60 of them being on back order already. So I would say I not the only one who has had this issue.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Hi

Holden customer care have confirmed it is an issue that I will have to deal with, perhaps not now due to extremely low use but it will be a problem for me one day.

I am Just concerned that my black door side moulds might fall off in 5 or 6 years time after the car has travelled say 7,500k's and don't want to have an issue where either some of the paint has come off with the glue used on the moulds requiring some costly paint work in the worst case or the fact that Holden don't have any replacement parts left in stock and it will be out of warranty.

I prefer to have something ready in my shed to go for whenever they do fall off and a solution that is not just an interim fix but a solution to the problem.

I feel I am entitled to a solution that Holden cover the cost of and not an interim fix as the car cost me over $68,000.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

If you raise a case about this issue with customer care, keep pestering them and eventually you will get some closure.
Squeaky wheel gets the grease, worked for me.

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
If you raise a case about this issue with customer care, keep pestering them and eventually you will get some closure.
Squeaky wheel gets the grease, worked for me.

Hi

Yes I guess you are right. I will wait for my formal letter that I am due to receive in November and will then raise a case with customer care.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi

Yes I guess you are right. I will wait for my formal letter that I am due to receive in November and will then raise a case with customer care.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE
I may be wrong, but it seems to me, and others in the know, that either Holden are buying more time come up with a fix, or letting customers down gently because there is no fix, and by November more of the black mounds are expected to develop defects. They would not send out 220+ cars with chrome mounds if they were to be changed to black when black becomes available. They don’t want some black and some chrome, I know that for a fact from sources that have been right every step of the way.

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
They don’t want some black and some chrome

Hi

Yes I can appreciate your information, one thing the customer care representative did confirm on the phone call with me is that I shouldn't be concerned at all but some Directors will have black moulds and others will have chrome moulds.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
No worries, I guess time will tell. Customer care are never told the full story, it’s called plausible deniability

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey Anthony121, are you able to find out what springs Holden used on the prototype directors that were on display at PT Melbourne?

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey Anthony121, are you able to find out what springs Holden used on the prototype directors that were on display at PT Melbourne?

Hi

Is PT Melbourne the one where the white Director was released that looked like it had tinted windows and was lowered? If so I am very keen to know what springs were in that car.

The Walkinshaw website does have springs suitable for lowering cars with MRC suspension but when I phoned the Walkinshaw Dealer in Dandenong South, Victoria yesterday and asked for a quote on them I was told that Walkinshaw no longer do lowering springs for cars with MRC and that King Springs can be supplied & fitted for around $1,000.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Finnally after 15 Months wait my baby Jet is in dady's safe hands. Picked him up last Saturday, what a day, clocked 150Kms on his first day, my 20-year old had to have a drive:). The only disapointment I had was he came home with 11Km's on the clock when picked up from the dealer:(. Now I thought these cars supposed to have about 6Km’s on the clock unless they been to scrutineering which puts about 9Km’s on the clock, am I correct?

Anyway now that he is resting he's resting up for this long weekend. Was thinking that a drive to Bathurst with my cousin tagging along ....behind me of course.... in his Blue XR8 Sprint. But I think Bathurst is busy now in preperations for the Big Race.

Next is Opti-Coat exterior and interior with the wheels inner and outer face and brake calipers and stoneguard the beast before any long trips.
IMG-20170923-WA0025.jpg
IMG-20170923-WA0026.jpg
IMG-20170923-WA0031.jpg