Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

GMHDIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V / Director
I think he meant to type sog (d next to s on qwerty keyboard) for son of a gun.
Makes sense , must have big fingers like me to do it twice , feeling really stupid tonight , what’s a qwerty keyboard ?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Makes sense , must have big fingers like me to do it twice , feeling really stupid tonight , what’s a qwerty keyboard ?
Look down at your keyboard. Top line of alphabetic keys from left to right. There are different layouts but the most common is a qwerty.

GMHDIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V / Director
Look down at your keyboard. Top line of alphabetic keys from left to right. There are different layouts but the most common is a qwerty.
Very clever , that’s what my iPad says

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
I have noticed that the HUD in my MSE shakes and wobbles as I drive and so does the bonnet which has been reported in other posts. Does anyone else's LE experience the HUD issues and how was the shaky bonnet issue solved. I have checked my series 1 Calais V wagon does not experience the wobbly HUD or shaky bonnet. Also in the same conditions I have noticed that the MSE skips and literally jumps sideways a fraction on some corners even in touring mode on the MRC where the calais V just goes around the same wide gentle sweeping bend which is pot holed and patched. In this regard I find the MSE in these conditions disconcerting and a little unsafe. The road conditions I am using vary from a country A grade to a B grade road in country NSW and the road at all times has the white lines at the road edge so it is a relatively high standard all the way.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
What’s a dog Director ? Excuse my naivety, I think I have one of those with the chrome side moulds
Fat fingers or auto correct sog

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
I have noticed that the HUD in my MSE shakes and wobbles as I drive and so does the bonnet which has been reported in other posts. Does anyone else's LE experience the HUD issues and how was the shaky bonnet issue solved. I have checked my series 1 Calais V wagon does not experience the wobbly HUD or shaky bonnet. Also in the same conditions I have noticed that the MSE skips and literally jumps sideways a fraction on some corners even in touring mode on the MRC where the calais V just goes around the same wide gentle sweeping bend which is pot holed and patched. In this regard I find the MSE in these conditions disconcerting and a little unsafe. The road conditions I am using vary from a country A grade to a B grade road in country NSW and the road at all times has the white lines at the road edge so it is a relatively high standard all the way.
Check the tire pressures, maybe too high at rear. If normal, check or have checked the MRC system; in my MSE the touring setting is very compliant (soft).

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Received the dreaded Holden letter today re potentially faulty inlet rocker arms. So far no failures on my engine. Nonetheless, I'm booked in for the free fix (and the free 15,000km service that Holden are throwing in in goodwill).
Someone here mentioned the faulty rocker arms some time back, and I pooh poohed the idea. To the author: I apologise for my prejudicial comment; you were right.

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
On an unrelated, and happier, topic, my kids (and I) are convinced the exhaust note on the MSE is louder and better when the MRC is set to "Performance" or "Track" than "Touring" or "Sport" even though the owners manual implies that the the exhaust setting is the same in all the settings except "Touring".
Has anyone else noticed this?

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Hey Martin,
Good to see you back.
Yeah a proper write up would be good hey. Maybe drive all 3 LE's on a road trip, then around a track. Can't see it happening now though...Fingers crossed.
No mods yet. The oil cooler / header issue put a halt on things. Then I had to fork ot $20k for the balloon on my Redline, amongst other things. So, I'm waiting for the bank account to build up again. Then I'll be going for OTR, 1-3/4"
4-1's, 200 cpi cats, 2-1/2" mid secton,
bi-modals and a tune. I"ll probably buy the bits before Xmas and get them fitted and tuned in Jan when I have some time off.
How's your beast going?

The Spitfire caugh your eye hey? Striking isn't it. Hehe;)
G'day Hemi-son and Mr Norris. I've been away for a while. I look forward to hearing about the results of any modifications you chaps (and all the other folks here) may perform. There is a strong chance I will be hotting up the MSE once we have about 10 megametres on the clock, and after the (now free) 9-month service. Induction, exhaust, valve timing, ignition timing, and fuel/air ratio are the areas likely to receive attention. I'll be sure to provide detailed data, both subjective and objective, once the "hotting up" is completed. I'd love to increase the displacement too.....maybe later. I figure the LE MY17 Holdens should have come out with enough ponies to pull mid-twelves, thereby taking the crown from Ford re the quickest factory, regular production line (non-HSV/FPV) Australian cars ever built. For the record, the title holder seems to be a manual FGX XR8 (12.7sec 0-400m in Motor magazine), a better time than either of the Sprints could muster, and clearly way ahead of any factory Holdens.