Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

gazpep

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 SSV Redline auto
Wow, thats pretty impressive. I’ve managed 7.4 l/100 km in my VF1 Auto over a long highway road trip......surprised that an LS3 could deliver that sort of economy.
The L77 in the VF1 has cylinder deactivation and a lot of the highway/open road stuff would be on 4 pots.
You’ve got a great tourer there.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Wow, thats pretty impressive. I’ve managed 7.4 l/100 km in my VF1 Auto over a long highway road trip......surprised that an LS3 could deliver that sort of economy.
The L77 in the VF1 has cylinder deactivation and a lot of the highway/open road stuff would be on 4 pots.
You’ve got a great tourer there.

I'm sure the upgrades help, more air coming in to the engine and more torque means sitting in 6th with cruise control the car has to do very little to maintain 105km/h.

Last edited:

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
We got 8.1 from the new LS3 wagon on our trip from Brisbane to Bathurst this year. Car only had 3500km on it when we set out, stock standard and barely run in. Just the two of us but with the back seat down & packed up with obligatory king size esky, holiday luggage etc. You know the old saying that the time it takes to complete a job tends to expand to fill the time available?....well, same with the amount of clothing the Mrs wants to take because we have the extra room this time with a wagon....

Anyway, as the rate steadily dropped, I was keen to see 7s but when we had to stop & take on a tank of fuel that was the end of that.

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Regularly get those numbers in the Redlineon a cruise , it's around town they drink, even out in the country getting driven hard I rarely see more than 13l /100 average.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
I just swapped everything over from my Maloo to the Magnum.
Had to make 5 rubber bumper pads to glue to the underfloor of the Magnum, where the spare wheel seats against.
Once that was done, it only takes 15 minutes to swap everything between utes.
With the Magnum at standard height, the spare can be slid out from underneath, where the Maloo needs to be jacked up to slide the spare out.

If anyone else wants to do this, I can confirm that an E3 Maloo wheel tub, winch and jack pack will work.
Thanks for that info, lmoengnr.

dragonsroos

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport
My new Motorsport getting delivered. One of the best days of my life.

vetzbl.jpg

dragonsroos

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport
Be prepared for the ride of your life, you definitely will not be disappointed. Great car.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Looks so good in white

Rodders26

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th Anniversary, VF Motorsport Edition.
Seems there are still plenty MSE cars available. I did an inventory check of Melb metro dealer websites and found 32 new ones for sale. 12 with manual transmissions. Advertised prices varied by nearly $10k. Perhaps someone in the other states can do the same so we can see what the true situation is. Like many others, I too thought they were all gone. Picked up my Heron White manual in late Dec. Cheers.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I'm sure the upgrades help, more air coming in to the engine and more torque means sitting in 6th with cruise control the car has to do very little to maintain 105km/h.
Pretty sure low rpm retarded cam it’s more EGR on exhaust, dilution on overlap, less air volume coming into engine on intake, relatively torquey over-expansion on the power stroke.