Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
A quick look at Carsales shows there are 12 MSE, 3 Directors, and 2 Magnums with less than 1,000km, some have never been registered. The warranty on these ‘brand new’ cars should be nearly expired, unless they got some sort of extended factory warranty rather than a third-party warranty.
I am curious, if I was to buy one of these cars (which I am not) which has been sitting for nearly 3 years unused, and a mechanical problem arises, what recourse would the new owner have, and with who ? Caveat emptor ?

I think there are a lot more cars sold sitting in garages not being driven. I can say one of my cars only has 2,250kms in nearly 3 years

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
A quick look at Carsales shows there are 12 MSE, 3 Directors, and 2 Magnums with less than 1,000km, some have never been registered. The warranty on these ‘brand new’ cars should be nearly expired, unless they got some sort of extended factory warranty rather than a third-party warranty.
I am curious, if I was to buy one of these cars (which I am not) which has been sitting for nearly 3 years unused, and a mechanical problem arises, what recourse would the new owner have, and with who ? Caveat emptor ?

I thought if the car was unsold at the dealership the warranty doesn't start until it's registered.

I've bought undriven demos and found that the warranty commenced at registration including a VE I purchased that had 50 odd kilometres on the clock but had been registered for 3 months, I lost that 3 months of warranty.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
I thought if the car was unsold at the dealership the warranty doesn't start until it's registered.

I've bought undriven demos and found that the warranty commenced at registration including a VE I purchased that had 50 odd kilometres on the clock but had been registered for 3 months, I lost that 3 months of warranty.

They were all pushed to sales and registered.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director

In this instance you'll find the Redlines and Limited Editions that the stealerships were stockpiling and haven't been driven have already been registered to the dealer themselves (in my case when I bought mine, it was registered to the dealer principal). This is why none of them are sold as 'new' anymore and they are all used if even they have only been driven 20kms.
Yes those private ones who are trying to flog their Motorsports for exhorbitant prices may very well be out of warranty ... Those purchasing from a dealership can maybe ask in negotiating to put an extended or dealership warranty on top.
When I purchased my Calais it was just before Holden did the 7 year factory warranty for all vehicles sold, I believe from October 2017. I asked for an extended warranty to extend from 3 to 7 years and paid $1300 for it. Yes, ACL should cover many things like what we see with injectors, but at the cost of $325 a year (less than $1 per day) I can't be bothered going through the arguments of needing to go through the rigmarole between the dealer and useless HCC to try and prove ACL. It is a peace of mind for me, like whenever I buy a large appliance. I've had a number of jobs done under warranty like mirror wiring and a faulty amp, both of which were simply termed as 'warranty' and sorted for me on the day of service, no questions asked.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I knew you'd be all over that sky.
As soon as I read it
Well it was either that or another quip about the supposed sold out directors slowly dribbling out of dealers with the later ones getting a 7 year warranty to entice a buyer :p

Komet163

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Have been overseas last few years and just recently returned due Covid-19 debacle. I have a Director I bought new and after quarantine it was so good to take it out again on a good run!
I know all MSE owners got a 1/18 model of their car on purchase but Director owners missed out. So thought I’d mention that Biante have recently released both 1/18 and 1/42 scale models of the Director in SOG grey. Of course they were very limited runs and have all sold out but some do come up on eBay for around $300 - $400, which is where I purchased mine!

Apologies if this information has already been passed.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
I got mine at easter.
cars0.jpg
Cars1.jpg
cars2.jpg
cars3.jpg