Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
I locked in my final spec this morning and got an updated price with my GMON. It's slightly higher after I added center caps, lock nuts, etc.

Supercoach, my final contact prices are similar to what you listed earlier except I have a separate $6k for GST which you seem to be missing. Apart from higher stamp duty which covers $1k, GST seems to be the cause of the remaining $5k difference between my price and the price you started this thread with.

Anyone getting MSE prices below $70k from Adelaide, can you confirm if you're being charged GST as a separate line item? I'm still confused.

Melbourne (EternityDre)
MSE - Manual $61,790
Wing Spoiler - $500
Red Center Caps - $220
Wheel Lock Nuts - $190
Boot Power Socket - $120
Spare Motorsport Edition mats - $120
Dealer Delivery - $1,364
Stamp Duty - $3546
Rego / Compulsory 3rd Party Insurance - $788
Personalised Plate Fee - $121
Vic Roads Fee - $34
GST - $6104
LCT - $902
Total - $72,530 DA
All those prices listed inc GST, so GST shouldnt be added on again. Is he just showing what the GST was of the whole contract. Driveaway price for you should be 69,695. Is it you or the dealer telling you its $72,530

Mine has a GST of $5,905 but my DA price is 67,522

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
The GST item is just to show the total amount of GST in the purchase, it hasn't been added twice. For tax purposes because some items are GST exempt (government duties, etc), it's easier to show a total GST figure, rather than breaking each line item down individually. Most contracts/invoices have the vehicle as one section and then total this section and then an on-roads section which separately shows the on-road costs that are GST-free.

In general vehicle invoices can be confusing, especially if you don't deal with them on a daily basis.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Just before you make any accusation the GST figure is correct and you're not being charged twice:

$72,530 drive away less tax free components:
- $34 VicRoads fee
- $121 Plate fee
- $788 Registration fee
- $902 LCT
- $3,546 Purchase stamp duty
= $67,139.

The GST component of $67,139 is conveniently $6,104 when rounded...
The gst is right but you have to admit they bumped the car price up to match Holden's quoted rrp figure (including gst) except without gst. That seems very calculated and purposely deceptive, especially when it seems all dealers in Vic are doing the exact same thing.

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
Just before you make any accusation the GST figure is correct and you're not being charged twice:

$72,530 drive away less tax free components:
- $34 VicRoads fee
- $121 Plate fee
- $788 Registration fee
- $902 LCT
- $3,546 Purchase stamp duty
= $67,139.

The GST component of $67,139 is conveniently $6,104 when rounded...

This is pretty much exactly how my contract reads too.
They aren't charging you twice, its just showing the contract includes a GST amount of **** but in reality its pretty much the amount thats included in the RRP of the car (which includes GST) before the rest is added.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Great work, I will be interested to hear how you get on, I'm expecting an "oh so we have, really sorry about that".

Spoke to my dealer. His response was a mix of denial and ignorance.
"The GST is split out by our system, I'm not really sure, that's just how the system puts on on the contract"

When I told him Holden's RRP includes GST but on my contract I'm paying GST on top of the full amount he said, and I quote:
"All you have to worry about is the number you pay at the end, $72,530"

I'm going to sign my forms and pay the money, it's what everyone is paying, but damn its frustrating, would have at least appreciated a straight answer.

Have to say, across the 3 dealerships I've had dealing with for my MSE the sales staff's competence has been questionable at best.

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
Can you post up a pic of your contract? Might help explain it and I can compare to how mine is set out.
It does seem like your paying a bit more than others and im not sure where they are hiding it, maybe it is in that extra gst component like you say....

j_davis_1980

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport edition
I locked in my final spec this morning and got an updated price with my GMON. It's slightly higher after I added center caps, lock nuts, etc.

Supercoach, my final contact prices are similar to what you listed earlier except I have a separate $6k for GST which you seem to be missing. Apart from higher stamp duty which covers $1k, GST seems to be the cause of the remaining $5k difference between my price and the price you started this thread with.

Anyone getting MSE prices below $70k from Adelaide, can you confirm if you're being charged GST as a separate line item? I'm still confused.

Melbourne (EternityDre)
MSE - Manual $61,790
Wing Spoiler - $500
Red Center Caps - $220
Wheel Lock Nuts - $190
Boot Power Socket - $120
Dealer Delivery - $1,364
Stamp Duty - $3546
Vic Roads Fee - $34
GST - $6104
LCT - $902
Total - $72,530 DA
I have ordered MSE from Adelaide

MSE manual - $56172.73
Dealer delivery - $2727.27
GST - $6217.34

Looks like your dealer has increased the car cost instead of dealer delivery.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Spoke to my dealer. His response was a mix of denial and ignorance.
"The GST is split out by our system, I'm not really sure, that's just how the system puts on on the contract"

When I told him Holden's RRP includes GST but on my contract I'm paying GST on top of the full amount he said, and I quote:
"All you have to worry about is the number you pay at the end, $72,530"

I'm going to sign my forms and pay the money, it's what everyone is paying, but damn its frustrating, would have at least appreciated a straight answer.

Have to say, across the 3 dealerships I've had dealing with for my MSE the sales staff's competence has been questionable at best.
what a bullshit response, I would be speaking to the new car manager and telling them to write it out in front of you, not this "our system does it for us" all those prices you listed for the car and accessories are prices that inc GST already. Confirm with them if those figures are pre or after GST. It shouldnt be that hard for people who do these sales/contracts day in and day out.

If you dont get straight answers, go interstate to Adelaide and get a better deal.

gla

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport Edition, VT 195i Calais

Melbourne (EternityDre)
MSE - Manual $61,790
Wing Spoiler - $500
Red Center Caps - $220
Wheel Lock Nuts - $190
Boot Power Socket - $120
Dealer Delivery - $1,364
Stamp Duty - $3546
Vic Roads Fee - $34
GST - $6104
LCT - $902
Total - $72,530 DA

I reckon that there is an extra charge of $2,835 hidden somewhere which when is added to the DD comes to $4,199. If the dealer does the calc with you it will end up something like this.

Break up.JPG

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
I reckon that there is an extra charge of $2,835 hidden somewhere which when is added to the DD comes to $4,199. If the dealer does the calc with you it will end up something like this.

View attachment 190498
good job gla.