Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Correct Martin and from memory employees/ex employees had to also pay $1500 or $1200 deposit to secure their spot/allocation.
G'day 3rspecB, I wonder if they'd get the deposit back if the victim of unfortunate circumstances. I noticed on the other thread talk about employee discounts, are these still available? I thought they had finished.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Hi Martin, one would hope so. I didn't take up the employee offer for a limited edition so didn't read the fine print. My best mate who is a current engineer at holden just bought/ordered a 17 Red Hot Manual sedan redline, so yeah Holden still honoring employee pricing for now (limited & reserve edition employee discount is finished though).

Last edited:

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International. VP SS. VF2 SSV
Hi PSISLE, didn't the employee purchase option finish well before the public release (19 Jan), wasn't that how they new how many cars were available for allocation to the dealerships. Maybe these are cars reserved where the employee has changed their minds. When you think about the time frame between when these cars were ordered and when they have to be paid for things can change, (relationships, employment/financial situation). I expect a number of cars will become available as time marches on, including those due to financing problems. These are great cars and represent excellent value comparatively speaking, but $70K + they are certainly not what I would consider cheap. How disappointing would it be to wait all this time and then being bumped on finance.

Hi Martin,
Yes very true and good points mate, it is probably likely more of this will occur as time rolls on toward manufacture

Correct Martin and from memory employees/ex employees had to also pay $1500 or $1200 deposit to secure their spot/allocation.

G'day 3rspecB, I wonder if they'd get the deposit back if the victim of unfortunate circumstances. I noticed on the other thread talk about employee discounts, are these still available? I thought they had finished.
Hi guys.

I am one of the ex employees that ordered an MSE.
We had choose which Limited Edition we wished to purchase as well as transmission required. We also had to leave a $2000 deposit paid directly to GM Holden by the 25th November last year. We could pull out at anytime and get our deposit back.
We also have to select a dealer to have the car delivered to with colour and any options we want by the 25th March. I dont know if we risk our deposit if we were to cancel our order after this date.

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think employee discount on v8 Commodores finish this month

sabman57

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Spitfire MSE
Awesome stuff mate. It's a hell of a wait but it will be well worth it. :)
Thanks zero_tolerance, it will be hard to part with my current vf redline but I know that the MSE will be just that much better and yes, the wait will be worth it....just in time for my birthday...!

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Hi guys.

I am one of the ex employees that ordered an MSE.
We had choose which Limited Edition we wished to purchase as well as transmission required. We also had to leave a $2000 deposit paid directly to GM Holden by the 25th November last year. We could pull out at anytime and get our deposit back.
We also have to select a dealer to have the car delivered to with colour and any options we want by the 25th March. I dont know if we risk our deposit if we were to cancel our order after this date.
Ok, just as a matter of interest is the current discount the same as the one offered prior to the 25th Nov 16, 3rspecB mentioned a figure for the MSE which was an absolute bargain.

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok, just as a matter of interest is the current discount the same as the one offered prior to the 25th Nov 16, 3rspecB mentioned a figure for the MSE which was an absolute bargain.
Im not sure of the pricing mentioned before the 25th Nov 16 but employee pricing is not supposed to be disclosed but we are looked after on local product but not so much on imported vehicles.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi All,
I am interested to know how many MSE buyers with signed contracts are yet to receive a GMON? I know couple of you blokes have rec'd yours from the dealer I'm buying from. As of yesterday, they told me there was no update.
This all gets real for me when I have a GMON.
Cheers

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Hi All,
I am interested to know how many MSE buyers with signed contracts are yet to receive a GMON? I know couple of you blokes have rec'd yours from the dealer I'm buying from. As of yesterday, they told me there was no update.
This all gets real for me when I have a GMON.
Cheers

I've had a gmon for a few weeks but that's it, no delivery window as yet so clearly missed the first round.

KLUBR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Hi guys, newcomer to the forum, firstly a big thankyou to all of you who have provided information in regards to the limited editions,
Speaking to dealers has not been the enjoyable experience I hoped it would have been.I can say however that I am pleased that I have secured a MSE , which I am grateful for as I was not aware of the limited editions until the media release on Jan 19, which was a little late as my dealer had sold out of my First preference being a Director
Well prior to this date. , a friend of mine has a deposit on a Director for which he paid 94k!, NOPD, straight into storage it goes for future investment.

I myself have contacted Holden and vented my thoughts on the conduct of some Melbourne dealers, I know of one dealer is holding all of his limited edition stock, and will no doubt sell them to the highest bidder after Holden closure The dealer asked if I wanted to go on the list, no doubt so I could get into a bidding war with others down the track. Of course I did not receive any reply from Holden