Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I would have preferred the cars be numbered in chronologic order; viz, first of the line is 001, last is 1200. I'm not really looking forward to an online squabble in cyberspace. I will be home at noon on wednesday the 3rd (I work nights), but I might just mosey in that evening and have a squizz. I'm not fussed if I don't get any potentially iconic number. I reckon I could go for 666, and get "Beast" for the number plate! Probably been done ten times before.
Perhaps 727...reminds me of old my friends the Mopars.
Yeah, but it's just a bit of fun Prof. There won't be a squabble. Just plug in 3 numbers and wait!
I still reckon it's a fantastic idea. Despite the numbers not being allocated on the line, it will add another element to the story of our cars.
I've said this before mate. I honestly don't see any difference in the significance of how the numbers are allocated? One the buyer has no choice in. So the number will be meaningless. It's on the VIN anyway. The other, the buyer selected through a unique and novel online system. Why? Because the number meant something to them. I know which one I prefer. Yep, even one as unusual and obscure as a torqueflight tranny code will add to the cars history. Stories add value to collectable stuff. It adds interest. It's part of the allure...

I'm guessing your second option might be 904 or 884? How about 43? I like "The Beast", but it might be cursed...haha

Last edited:

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
After reading a recent article from New Zealand, its interesting to know that all the Limited Edition cars going to NZ will all come with the car cover as standard and all will be automatic, no manual. That was Holden NZ choice. Interesting.....

gla

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport Edition, VT 195i Calais
for those who have not seen the email yet from Holden.

My dealer had typed in an incorrect email address for me so nothing yesterday. I'm still waiting for it to be corrected and for the email to be received.

OSH1360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
not sure if anyone has posted this or not yet, but for those who hold a gold pass have you noticed that you can now purchase a MSE or Magnum at gold pass prices?

from memory, the auto MSE is 49k inc GST!

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
not sure if anyone has posted this or not yet, but for those who hold a gold pass have you noticed that you can now purchase a MSE or Magnum at gold pass prices?

from memory, the auto MSE is 49k inc GST!
That would be because Holden have not been able to sell all MSE's because employees pulled out over the styling and lack of individuality. Hence now they have surplus cars. If that is the case, gold pass holders should act quickly as production begins 1 May 2017.

I have even read somewhere one dealer is holding onto all his Limited Editions hoping to sell them for more money next year.

KLUBR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
You are correct SC, I enquired with a Melbourne dealer who invited me to put my name on the list and they will contact me once Holden Closes,
I assume it will then be a case of the cars going to the highest bidder. I wonder there are any breaches of trade practices act when behaving like that?, by the same token Holden has done precious little, about curbing some dealers behaviour with these models.

I had this very discussion with another dealer I spoke with, who had sold all of his stock at recommended retail prices ( last time I spoke with him he did have some auto MSE's available), I asked why he wasn't like the others, "we want return customers" was the reply, he says that GM have a lot of exciting product coming our way over the next few years "would you return to a Dealer who has behaved in such an opportunistic manner" was the simple statement.
Good to see some dealers are already seeing past Holden and do want to protect there reputations in the future, rather than just "cashing in". Overall most of the dealers I spoke with most were fantastic, but there were some that were absolute shockers.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Did all other Limited Edition owners receive a txt from Holden this afternoon?