Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

leathert74

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VfII Calais V V8 Empire bronze
is anyone considering putting Walkinshaw 457kw upgrade on there vehicle, was going to do it to my current Calais V but now have ordered Director prefer to put it on there......would it detract from its future value or enhance it bit disappointed they didn't supercharge the limited editions at least if only in basic form :(

sabman57

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Spitfire MSE
is anyone considering putting Walkinshaw 457kw upgrade on there vehicle, was going to do it to my current Calais V but now have ordered Director prefer to put it on there......would it detract from its future value or enhance it bit disappointed they didn't supercharge the limited editions at least if only in basic form :(
I would leave it in factory trim. I think that it would probably be more valuable in factory trim in years to come. I have a MSE on order, and I'm not going to make any changes to it.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385

Are you buying it to enjoy it or to try and retain value down the line?
I'm adding power pretty might right away but keeping it NA with a 385kw kit (OTR, headers, exhaust and tune).

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
I was contemplating doing W407 pack, retaining if I was to ever sell it, which I wont sell. So I can enjoy the extra bits and still keep the originals and still be happy.

The only thing Im not too happy about is the price of the W407. :(

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
I'm still contemplating the W407 in mine somewhere after the first 1500kms
though the price is an issue too, but if you spend $70K then what is another $10K = $80K????o_O Still under consideration

This will put it among the Clubsport territory, but no supercharger
“you get linear power delivery, something you don’t get in forced induction like turbo or supercharging, what that basically means is….when you squeeze the throttle, the rear wheels react ‘like the click of a finger’, and it’s such a beautiful thing to experience”

Last edited:

leathert74

Reaction score
Members Ride
OK to clarify going to keep never part with.....but from the side of if need arose attitude, I could move it on, unlikely but life has a habit of throwing you curve balls
Correct me if I am wrong but I was looking at 457kw upgrade which is only 24k give or take a few dollars which I looked at applying to my Calais V V8 MY16 about 3 months ago, it was originally not available on the non supercharged models but at some stage made it available not sure when. Only reason I was hesitating doing upgrade was current Calais Suspension and Breaks would not handle extra power output requiring me to basically install FE2 Suspension minimum and bigger breaks dollars started creeping beyond economical as where Director has all the goodies to handle extra power output.

leathert74

Reaction score
Members Ride
as per earlier remark at point of buying Director as daily driver bombing it and buying second one( if I can secure) and ordering with No Pre Delivery Option to store)

leathert74

Reaction score
Members Ride
OKKKKKK jetfrost just reviewed video you uploaded looks like 407 might be better option that way I retain look under bonnet. So requiring less adaption as I age and as previous cars as they aged wanted to return to stock LOL....yeah been there had a HR 186s 4 speed manual I bommed(factory original with opal 4 Speed, well until I killed by modifying) nightmare to get back to original not mention earlier commodores list goes on and on if only I had kept half of what i owned.

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
OKKKKKK jetfrost just reviewed video you uploaded looks like 407 might be better option that way I retain look under bonnet. So requiring less adaption as I age and as previous cars as they aged wanted to return to stock LOL....yeah been there had a HR 186s 4 speed manual I bommed(factory original with opal 4 Speed, well until I killed by modifying) nightmare to get back to original not mention earlier commodores list goes on and on if only I had kept half of what i owned.

me too

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I was contemplating doing W407 pack, retaining if I was to ever sell it, which I wont sell. So I can enjoy the extra bits and still keep the originals and still be happy.

The only thing Im not too happy about is the price of the W407. :(

If you're worried about the price and you don't want the decals why not get a reputable tuner to do it? Especially if you have some parts already.