Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
"but if that's not your image and you are more comfortable with the conservative/Camry style don't listen to any of us." Camry Style LastV8? Don't know if you could claim anyone buying an MSE, or Director or Magnum to be conservative. We're all different, some choose their colour becuase to them its all about being noticed, some choices are based on cars they've owned previously, others choose based on what they consider is the best colour combo, there's no right or wrong for anyone, other than the owner. Every colour has its pros and cons, the thing is, we all prioritise those differently.
Isn't that what I said Martin (when expressing my opinion)? I was also under the impression that a large majority of Camry's sold were silver but if I am wrong and they are actually bright green I stand corrected.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Yeah, mentioning a Camry in the MSE thread is a bit full on. I think Nitrate looks amazing (but a little safe) on a Commodore.
OK I agree. even looks good on an XU-1 (as I said)!
1973-holden-lj-torana-gtr-xu-1-sedan.jpg

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
The worst outcome Professor would be changing your mind and ordering Spitfire and then spending the rest of your life thinking "gee, I wish I'd ordered Nitrate". At the end of the day I'm thinking you'd probably be happy with either.​
Nitrate and Spitfire are two different expressions on the same car - both great, both special in their own way. Spitfire is wild, muscle incarnate, uniquely 2017, and a celebration of performance and extroversion. Nitrate is classy, restrained toughness, destined to be rare (on MSEs), and a reminder that Holden could produce world class high performance sedans.
You're exactly right, Martin.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
For a fella that was around when LC/LJ Toranas were ubiquitous, I must say I don't recall ever seeing a silver XU1: Either there weren't many or I have early dementia.
Same. It looks good though.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
For a fella that was around when LC/LJ Toranas were ubiquitous, I must say I don't recall ever seeing a silver XU1: Either there weren't many or I have early dementia.
Haha - I bow to your superior knowledge. Just went looking for a silver Torana on google and found this one. It was probably originally a GTR because I definitely remember Silver LJs (cos one T-boned my poor old FB).

Last edited:

Alchemistry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V, VF Calais V, VF II Director
Welcome to the forum director286, good to see another director guy on here
Psisle- Director 308
Here's another Director buyer number 144 and in Nitrate as well. I have had my order in since April 2016 and secured the only one allocated to that dealer. I really thought I would be gazumped, but it is confirmed.