Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
The Motorsport Edition picks up the following items in addition to the SS-V Redline it's based off:

• 20-inch black forged alloy wheels
  • Magnetic Ride Control suspension
  • Cross-drilled rotors front and rear
  • Premium sports seats (based on the Chevrolet SS)
  • Heated front seats
  • eight-way power adjustable passenger seat
  • Gurney style lip spoiler (full spoiler an optional extra)
  • Tyre pressure monitoring system
  • Engine oil cooler
  • Motorsport decals
  • Embroidered IP insert
  • Black grille surrounds
  • Red mirror scalps
  • Red daytime running light surrounds
  • Motorsport floor mats
  • Individually numbered build plate

In addition to this, remember when pricing up your redline, Phantom black roof ($550) and 20" alloys ($1500) are "options" and cost extra, they are standard on a Motorsport/Director.....

You forgot the model car and presentation box which I think is a pretty cool nice touch!

Last edited:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Yeah i agree monstar, its probably the only point about the Limited editions I'm disappointed about, especially considering all the different power up options around available to holden. Apparently there was talk of a pod filter/different intake and a tune to go with it but was knocked on the head due to emission problems, not sure how true that is. There is also reports form some owners that the motorsport punches a bit harder when compared back to back with a SSV redline and might be tuned differently, so maybe they have done something secret squirrel?
But yeah at a minimum surely they could have put HSV 340 headers/mid section on, tuned it and made some other engine tweaks to seperate it from a Redline.
Atleast we can do that ourselves easily enough anyway and gain another 60-80Kw with not alot of $ outlay :cool:
I was reading in another thread that the tune has been fiddled just in regards to power delivery. No upgrade in power though. Which personally i find disappointing.

Your last comment raises another question. In regards to those who have purchased these stickered models potentially as a long-term investment either for themselves or for their kids, or even when trying to gauge a future value. If and when it does come time, what the market will do to those that have been modified over those that have been mothballed or kept in an as-originial condition.

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
I was reading in another thread that the tune has been fiddled just in regards to power delivery. No upgrade in power though. Which personally i find disappointing.

Your last comment raises another question. In regards to those who have purchased these stickered models potentially as a long-term investment either for themselves or for their kids, or even when trying to gauge a future value. If and when it does come time, what the market will do to those that have been modified over those that have been mothballed or kept in an as-originial condition.

Don't know don't care. I bought my Director to drive and personalise (slightly) with oem/hsv available parts and will be keeping every single nut/bolt and spec of dust stored away, including the oem tune (if available to download onto a usb etc before write?) for future just incase.
I don't have enough money to store it away just to look at, i want to drive and enjoy it.

HoldenCalaisV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais-V Series 2
How many of you guys actually bought 2 or more VF's?

If my bank account let me I would've got an Motorsport Edition to store away on top of my Calais-V as my daily driver but shame that Holden had to end local production this year and if not I would've saved enough for the Motorsport which I really quite like.

Maybe if i'm lucky I can buy it off a collector in a few years but for how much I reckon it would cost?

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
I wished they'd have made them in the wagon.....Oh well!

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...

This Sabbath ^^ "these stickered models" is exactly the type of derogatory comment that pi$$es people off. Me included. It's not an objective POV. It's just intended to denigrate our cars, and from a poorly informed position.
Had Holden taken the easy way out and thrown the budget at a few power improvements like CAI, Tri-y's exhaist and tune, I wouldn't have bought one. It would not have achieved GM L3 track certification. To put it plainly, it would have been a far lesser package than the MSE, Director and Magnum are. I have no doubt had they done that, you would then be bagging it for not having any braking, handling and cooling improvements, and/or for not having a list of goodies from the Chevy SS. The improvements which are OEM in these cars, factory improvements which can't be simply added are what sets them apart. Not just a few extra kw's.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
It’d be a keeper surely, I wouldn’t do much (except breathe better and turn on VVT).
Yeah i agree monstar, its probably the only point about the Limited editions I'm disappointed about, especially considering all the different power up options around available to holden. Apparently there was talk of a pod filter/different intake and a tune to go with it but was knocked on the head due to emission problems, not sure how true that is. There is also reports form some owners that the motorsport punches a bit harder when compared back to back with a SSV redline and might be tuned differently, so maybe they have done something secret squirrel?
But yeah at a minimum surely they could have put HSV 340 headers/mid section on, tuned it and made some other engine tweaks to seperate it from a Redline.
Atleast we can do that ourselves easily enough anyway and gain another 60-80Kw with not alot of $ outlay :cool:
Keeping it 100% GM as in OEM+ would really suit this model. HSV 340 headers, (custom cat and secondaries) and mid section; Z28 COPO intake; LS7 MAF & tube; ASA cam and LS376/525 springs; tuned but not out of range, just to meet raised VE.
That would be the final, best GM naturally aspirated car example ever.
Officially 392 kW SAE rated (~20% left on table with near stock tune).
GM (Chevy Performance) would honour the cam warranty, Holden the rest.
It’s the least you could / should do with the most reward. Apart from turning on VVT, which I think would be perfect for a Motorsport edition.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

They couldn't do anything with the 'performance', anything other than the '304kw' tune is non compliant with Euro 5 emissions.

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
There is also reports form some owners that the motorsport punches a bit harder when compared back to back with a SSV redline and might be tuned differently, so maybe they have done something secret squirrel?

ls3 is a Ls3 can't see that being true

They couldn't do anything with the 'performance', anything other than the '304kw' tune is non compliant with Euro 5 emissions.

Holden have been given clearance to keep the sidi going even though it isn't euro 5 compliant(one of the reasons the cruze production stopped oct 16 when euro 5 came out) would have thought thay could get the 240kw tune/exhaust through for the limited editions

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
This Sabbath ^^ "these stickered models" is exactly the type of derogatory comment that pi$$es people off. Me included.
So let me get this straight, you're sitting there at home on your computer getting pissed off that i referred to the group of cars that have stickers on them to differentiate them from the regular models "Stickered Models"?? And you think it's derogatory? Against who? You or the car itself? And who would you have me apologise to first?

It's not an objective POV. It's just intended to denigrate our cars, and from a poorly informed position.
I hardly see how it's not objective to call them what they are. And im starting to believe more and more now that you that you would have me apologise to your car for possibly hurting its feelings

Had Holden taken the easy way out and thrown the budget at a few power improvements like CAI, Tri-y's exhaist and tune, I wouldn't have bought one. It would not have achieved GM L3 track certification. To put it plainly, it would have been a far lesser package than the MSE, Director and Magnum are.
Didnt need to hear your justification for buying the car, you dont need to convince me why you spent your money where you did.

I have no doubt had they done that, you would then be bagging it for not having any braking, handling and cooling improvements, and/or for not having a list of goodies from the Chevy SS. The improvements which are OEM in these cars, factory improvements which can't be simply added are what sets them apart. Not just a few extra kw's.
Where exactly did i bag them? Once again. Like with the horrible looking mirror covers and other adornments i had an opinion. And like i said last time, open forum, if you want to only hear from dick flickers start your own forum.