Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

leathert74

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VfII Calais V V8 Empire bronze
I was planning to get the low end E-class with an 4 cylinder turbo petrol engine instead of the Calais-V but thought to myself I would never have much fun as I would driving one of the last Aussie Built V8's.

Once your Director's arrive in your hands any chance of us seeing the two side by side?

Can do forst one arrives @ 2nd October 2nd one 29th October, both SOAG would have liked a second colour but it was already locked in :(

RedMSE

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE
Been following this thread for 6 months since putting a deposit down on an MSE and was lucky enough to score my first preference for a build number as well. Car arrived today and long story short it's the wrong colour. I know there's a few Holden employees here - wondering if anyone knew if it would be possible to get my build number swapped? Have managed to source another red one but dealer reckons they can't swap the build number plates. Cheers.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Been following this thread for 6 months since putting a deposit down on an MSE and was lucky enough to score my first preference for a build number as well. Car arrived today and long story short it's the wrong colour. I know there's a few Holden employees here - wondering if anyone knew if it would be possible to get my build number swapped? Have managed to source another red one but dealer reckons they can't swap the build number plates. Cheers.
I'd love to hear the rest of that story....can only be hilarious.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
That's a bit **** mate. Sorry to hear that. What colour did you get, and who stuffed up?

RedMSE

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE
That's a bit **** mate. Sorry to hear that. What colour did you get, and who stuffed up?

Thanks mate. Signed contract for red, also later had dealer confirm via email and in person that details were correct prior to the final date for orders to be placed in the system - but a white one rocked up. Took two meetings and several phone calls before dealer admitted it was actually their fault. Anyway. Placing blame doesn't help things, would just like a positive resolution.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate. Signed contract for red, also later had dealer confirm via email and in person that details were correct prior to the final date for orders to be placed in the system - but a white one rocked up. Took two meetings and several phone calls before dealer admitted it was actually their fault. Anyway. Placing blame doesn't help things, would just like a positive resolution.
Bugger. That would.be such a disappointment. Having your heart set on red, only to rock up and see a white one. As nice as the white is. It's not what you wanted.
I originally ordered a red MSE. Then after seeing spitfire, changed to that. I'd be gutted now if a red one arrived. Despite how much I love the red.
Can the order be cancelled with the dealer? I would assume so.
I think it will be difficult to swap build numbers, but it's worth a crack. I guess it might come down to the highest priority for you, colour or build number.
Good luck. I hope it works out for you.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Is anyone considering aftermarket wheels for their MSE? I'd love a set of 9's (255 tyre) and 10's (285 tyre). Also, would like a black centre with a polished allow dished rim.
I have done a bit of searching on here re offest etc. But Then, these weren't on stock height with MRC.
I'm no expert and I don't want to stuff up the order through my own ignorance!
I'm happy to throw $4-$6k at the right set of rims and tyres, and keep the factory 20's and tyres in storage. At least until the the ZL1 arrives in 2020 Hehe.;)
So, can anyone tell me with something approaching certainy what offset I should go for with 20" rims.
PS: I have always liked Simmons, but any other good quality black on polished alloy rims might sway me.
@panhead perhaps?
Thanks in advance blokes.
Cheers,

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Is anyone considering aftermarket wheels for their MSE? I'd love a set of 9's (255 tyre) and 10's (285 tyre). Also, would like a black centre with a polished allow dished rim.
I have done a bit of searching on here re offest etc. But Then, these weren't on stock height with MRC.
I'm no expert and I don't want to stuff up the order through my own ignorance!
I'm happy to throw $4-$6k at the right set of rims and tyres, and keep the factory 20's and tyres in storage. At least until the the ZL1 arrives in 2020 Hehe.;)
So, can anyone tell me with something approaching certainy what offset I should go for with 20" rims.
PS: I have always liked Simmons, but any other good quality black on polished alloy rims might sway me.
@panhead perhaps?
Thanks in advance blokes.
Cheers,
Hi Cuda, what have you read about the ZL1? As you're probably aware the issue is getting rims over the brembo's, you can get them but you're limited in what's available. The other issue is getting 255's under the front guards, there isn't a lot of room with the 245's so you'd need to take some measurements first. Do any of the HSV's run 255's? The W1 runs wider tyres but as you know it is has special quarter panels.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Hi RedMSE, now that is a monumental stuff up by the dealership. The problem is the build number plate is bonded to the inner skirt, you wouldn't be able to remove it without destroying it and probably doing some damage to the skirt. I'd expect you'd still be able to get a red MSE but I'd be dealing with Holden directly. Not sure how important the build number is to you but gee, what's the compensation. Free rego, insurance, car cover, $500 fuel card.....

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Cuda, what have you read about the ZL1? As you're probably aware the issue is getting rims over the brembo's, you can get them but you're limited in what's available. The other issue is getting 255's under the front guards, there isn't a lot of room with the 245's so you'd need to take some measurements first. Do any of the HSV's run 255's? The W1 runs wider tyres but as you know it is has special quarter panels.
Hey Martin,
Without going into too much detail, (bloody smartphone typing lol) I read today that the Z08 Vette @~$200k and Camaro SS (LS3) @~$90k are coming in 2020. Some journo's are espousing that the ZL1 and 1LE will too (via HSV).
If they do, they can sign me up today. HSV ZL1? I just want one!
I'll find a link for you mate.