Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hey Martin,
Without going into too much detail, (bloody smartphone typing lol) I read today that the Z08 Vette @~$200k and Camaro SS (LS3) @~$90k are coming in 2020. Some journo's are espousing that the ZL1 and 1LE will too (via HSV).
If they do, they can sign me up today. HSV ZL1? I just want one!
I'll find a link for you mate.
Fingers crossed Martin. I know you have a yearning for the ZL1;):D
http://www.motoring.com.au/exclusive-camaro-and-corvette-for-oz-108152/

GMHDIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V / Director
Can do forst one arrives @ 2nd October 2nd one 29th October, both SOAG would have liked a second colour but it was already locked in :(
What's the build date of the second one ?

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
I'll rephrase my question then since you sort of picked up the wrong end of the stick:-

Your question to Stig was about what it costs to keep a dealership stamp in the book of a 10-12yo BMW. Which is why i asked the question about Holden and was hinting towards asking if you had any thoughts on what you might do given the uncertainty of what could actually happen with the brand in the future. Finding a BMW dealership in 10 years time is looking a damn site more certain than a Holden dealership at this point in time.

Parts arent the issue, it's the service. Keeping a warehouse stocked with parts is easy, people paying to keep their Holden Service franchise is the factor you cant obligate people to do.

Since the cars fall into two completly different buyer categories im going to assume you're taking the initial purchase price into account here and then referencing the service cost as a percentage of the price? Because if you're doing it that way then the BMW will likely be cheaper to maintain to the regular schedule given the data i cared to find.
To be honest Sabbath the stig gets on a Holden enthusiast site and his opening comment is "You can't actually believe that a car that looks like it is designed by a crayon wielding colour blind 3 year old, corners like a baby giraffe, produces only 49kW per litre and has a 6 speed slushbox should have the moniker of "Motorsport Edition" let alone, be worth $2,000,000.00 in any time or place, with perhaps the exception of Zimbabwe..."
Bit like a Porsche owner getting on a BMW owners site and saying I'll buy a BMW, once I reach 80, or a Ferrari owner getting on a Porsche site etc etc where does it stop, with a Valkyrie?
I'd suggest people who get on enthusiast sites just to bag the subject matter, regardless of what it is, either don't have enough to do in their lives, have a personality disorder, are F**kwits or any combination of the afore conditions. What do you reckon, might be a bit harsh but I don't understand why people bother.

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Member abuse will not be tolerated.
To be honest Sabbath the stig gets on a Holden enthusiast site and his opening comment is "You can't actually believe that a car that looks like it is designed by a crayon wielding colour blind 3 year old, corners like a baby giraffe, produces only 49kW per litre and has a 6 speed slushbox should have the moniker of "Motorsport Edition" let alone, be worth $2,000,000.00 in any time or place, with perhaps the exception of Zimbabwe..."
Bit like a Porsche owner getting on a BMW owners site and saying I'll buy a BMW, once I reach 80, or a Ferrari owner getting on a Porsche site etc etc where does it stop, with a Valkyrie?
I'd suggest people who get on enthusiast sites just to bag the subject matter, regardless of what it is, either don't have enough to do in their lives, have a personality disorder, are F**kwits or any combination of the afore conditions. What do you reckon, might be a bit harsh but I don't understand why people bother.
He just can't afford one, Martin. In fact, I reckon he can probably only afford a '99 BMW 318 with 200,000km. The internet seems to be full of these big mouth know-it-alls bragging about their XYZs, but of course, who ever actually sees their XYZs?....No one. And you're right, it is rather irritating having to sift through their rubbish just to get to what we want - information from other enthusiasts on the topic at hand.

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Been following this thread for 6 months since putting a deposit down on an MSE and was lucky enough to score my first preference for a build number as well. Car arrived today and long story short it's the wrong colour. I know there's a few Holden employees here - wondering if anyone knew if it would be possible to get my build number swapped? Have managed to source another red one but dealer reckons they can't swap the build number plates. Cheers.
Mate, if what you say is true, Holden will come to the party without any shred of doubt. If you signed for red, with the word "red" in the colour box and you got white, they will honour the contract. If they don't, I'd contact the consumer affairs. Who knows, maybe you'll be able to press them to paint it Jungle Green...the only JG MSE...worth a fortune, son!

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
Thanks Cuda, I'll have a read but thought re-engineering Alpha platform for RHD was cost prohibitive, maybe GM have other plans for Holden yet;)
it's the easy way to get them here GM doesn't have to do anything from what i've HSV will be converting the Camaro to RHD, that's why they are going to cost so much.

leathert74

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VfII Calais V V8 Empire bronze
What's the build date of the second one ?
As far as I understand it slated for 18th October build Completion, but after recent visit to plant I know they are currently 4 days ahead of schedule so your guess as good as mine, my first even though ahead in builds it still supposed to come off line on 28th September delivery on 2nd October but as dealer said these are only indicative dates subject to change :(

GMHDIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V / Director
As far as I understand it slated for 18th October build Completion, but after recent visit to plant I know they are currently 4 days ahead of schedule so your guess as good as mine, my first even though ahead in builds it still supposed to come off line on 28th September delivery on 2nd October but as dealer said these are only indicative dates subject to change :(
It'll certainly be one of the last ones then , excellent , how was the plant tour , were you allowed to take any photos ?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

That's his opinion, and the way in which he chose to deliver it. It was very Clarkson-esque. An opinion can be had, and made in whatever way somebody else see's fit, that's not really for me to judge.

But he didnt get on here and start pushing the agenda that people should buy a different brand. In fact, the first mention of a brand other than Holden was brought up by you. Whoops?

I reckon, as i've said what feels like a billion times before, people are entitled to their opinion. And if you cant or wont listen to an opinion that runs the polar opposite of your own then that perhaps says more about your mental state, or just who you are as a person than the person with the opinion.