Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
To be honest Sabbath the stig gets on a Holden enthusiast site and his opening comment is "You can't actually believe that a car that looks like it is designed by a crayon wielding colour blind 3 year old, corners like a baby giraffe, produces only 49kW per litre and has a 6 speed slushbox should have the moniker of "Motorsport Edition" let alone, be worth $2,000,000.00 in any time or place, with perhaps the exception of Zimbabwe..."
Bit like a Porsche owner getting on a BMW owners site and saying I'll buy a BMW, once I reach 80, or a Ferrari owner getting on a Porsche site etc etc where does it stop, with a Valkyrie?
I'd suggest people who get on enthusiast sites just to bag the subject matter, regardless of what it is, either don't have enough to do in their lives, have a personality disorder, are F**kwits or any combination of the afore conditions. What do you reckon, might be a bit harsh but I don't understand why people bother.

He just can't afford one, Martin. In fact, I reckon he can probably only afford a '99 BMW 318 with 200,000km. The internet seems to be full of these big mouth know-it-alls bragging about their XYZs, but of course, who ever actually sees their XYZs?....No one. And you're right, it is rather irritating having to sift through their rubbish just to get to what we want - information from other enthusiasts on the topic at hand.

I've been here a damn sight longer than either of you two spanners... So as I see it, if anyone is invading territory, and is unwelcome, it's you noobs.

My "opening" comment was derogatory towards sticker edition VF's because I don't see them as anything but an overpowered Mazda 6. All VF's are fairly hideous in my book and I have the right in this country to voice my opinion.

I will also point out that my comment was not unsolicited. It was in response to a ridiculous comparison to a recent '72 Torana XU-1 sale at auction and the resultant claim that MSE's should be worth $2,000,000 in the future. I would further like to point out that said calculations failed to take CPI into account, by which standard, the original RRP of the Torana in 2016 dollars would have been $31,862.43 (according to the RBA), leading to an increase in value of 3.2 times, not 31.7. Assuming the comparison is valid, which it is not, it would make the MSE worth something in the order of $208,000 in 2062.

And as far as your inflammatory statements ProfMopar, I'd be happy to demonstrate what I can afford anywhere, anytime as long as there are no constabulary in the vicinity. In the future I would advise you do your research before opening your cake hole!

Last edited:

RedMSE

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE
Hi RedMSE, now that is a monumental stuff up by the dealership. The problem is the build number plate is bonded to the inner skirt, you wouldn't be able to remove it without destroying it and probably doing some damage to the skirt. I'd expect you'd still be able to get a red MSE but I'd be dealing with Holden directly. Not sure how important the build number is to you but gee, what's the compensation. Free rego, insurance, car cover, $500 fuel card.....

Thanks for the info. Not the news I was hoping for but thought that might be the case. Dealer principal has got on board now and is trying to throw his weight around to get Holden to help out. He might have sourced a new spare build plate but I doubt they'd do it if it risked damage to the current car :/

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Since when has 304kw become "underpowered" for its money?
Agree, if we had got 340kws at 570 torq we would be all happy and the knockers would be silent, truth is the 570 torq is equal to the 340 HSV s from 2015, will I ever use 304kw ? NO, will I feel the pull of 570torq, ? .........you bet I / we will, and when we go hard into and out of corners that break power and torq will be gold....... I'm happy with my LE model, easy to buy power, buying real limited editions ? Not so much.

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
Agree, if we had got 340kws at 570 torq we would be all happy and the knockers would be silent, truth is the 570 torq is equal to the 340 HSV s from 2015, will I ever use 304kw ? NO, will I feel the pull of 570torq, ? .........you bet I / we will, and when we go hard into and out of corners that break power and torq will be gold....... I'm happy with my LE model, easy to buy power, buying real limited editions ? Not so much.

So you're never going to rev your engine to 6000rpm whilst driving? Or you're only planning to do it in Neutral?

And just for the record, I'd be less belligerent if you'd received 340 factory delivered kilowatts, but I certainly wouldn't be silent.

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
Give it a rest. You really are a misanthrope aren't you, The Stig? Wearing it like a badge of honour...What exactly are you trying to prove?

Keep up the great contribution to this and other threads Martin and ProfMopar. Like me, I'm sure 99.9% of other members enjoy the engagement. Noobs or not, it's blokes like you. that make spending time on this forum worthwhile.

I rather thought my posts were self explanatory. But then again, I do occasionally forget why I label myself a misanthrope and fall into the old habit of expecting too much of people.

I'm not here to cause trouble, but to simply provide an opposing opinion which I happen to hold. I would expect disagreement, but not personal abuse. If I was all that Martin, ProfMopar and yourself make me out to be, don't you think I would have seized on the opportunity to make fun of, or negative comments about, RedMSE's situation? No, I feel for the guy, I'd be gutted in his place, what Holden have done to him is not right, and I empathise.

I think you should go back and read my posts again, colourful as their prose maybe, they are not without genuine substance and they all have a point other than those attributed by people such as yourself, who let's face it, have a vested interest in being opposed. There are other people in this world aside from prospective and patient MSE owner's who read this forum.

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I rather thought my posts were self explanatory. But then again, I do occasionally forget why I label myself a misanthrope and fall into the old habit of expecting too much of people.

I'm not here to cause trouble, but to simply provide an opposing opinion which I happen to hold. I would expect disagreement, but not personal abuse. If I was all that Martin, ProfMopar and yourself make me out to be, don't you think I would have seized on the opportunity to make fun of, or negative comments about, RedMSE's situation? No, I feel for the guy, I'd be gutted in his place, what Holden have done to him is not right, and I empathise.

I think you should go back and read my posts again, colourful as their prose maybe, they are not without genuine substance and they all have a point other than those attributed by people such as yourself, who let's face it, have a vested interest in being opposed. There are other people in this world aside from prospective and patient MSE owner's who read this forum.
Careful, that was bordering on redeeming.

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dear stig and the other guy, thanks for your input but your just annoying and not properly engaging on the thread topic as originally posted. Go away. Check out the Ford forums if your looking for like conversations.

Mathematics a little hard for you? Sorry to burst your bubble with facts. I will try to be more considerate in the future.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
@thestig you are a clever bloke. There are plenty of other channels to argue that Holdens are not as worthy as BMW.
However this particular forum is a walled garden where owners and enthusiasts can share in a positive light. Without harassment by trolling BMW fanbois.
Lighten up or please just take a break for a moment.:)