Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Just spoke to Holden customer care online about my MSE and wanting a 7 year warranty, here is their reply:
Yes we have had a few people come through about this. There are discussions within Holden that are going to deal with that, once a decision is made, Motorsport customers will be notified

So consider my voice added to the weight of the pile.

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
So consider my voice added to the weight of the pile.

Hi

Considering I own a Director with black side moulds that might fall off, I appreciate you adding your support!

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

Flash317

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2
Hi
I read this on the 'Motor' site

Holden has confirmed it has completed production of its limited-edition Commodore Motorsport sedans and Magnum utes a fortnight before the company closes its local manufacturing operations, however build of the sports-luxury Director has been delayed.

The final 45 of 1200 units of Commodore SS V Redline-based Motorsport Edition (MSE) and the last 32 of 240 units of SS V Redline ute-based Magnum entered production on Tuesday October 3rd and were completed late last week, a Holden spokesperson has told.

Can anyone confirm this?

Flash317

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2
Hi

Holden has confirmed it has completed production of its limited-edition Commodore Motorsport sedans and Magnum utes a fortnight before the company closes its local manufacturing operations, however build of the sports-luxury Director has been delayed.

The final 45 of 1200 units of Commodore SS V Redline-based Motorsport Edition (MSE) and the last 32 of 240 units of SS V Redline ute-based Magnum entered production on Tuesday October 3rd and were completed late last week, a Holden spokesperson has told.

Can anyone confirm this?

dragonsroos

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport
Hi

For those of you that already have your Director, MSE or Magnum ute and didn't get a 7 year/175,000k warranty please contact Holden customer care asap and let yourselves be heard, but do it very politely and make sure to get your case/reference number. You should really do this before the weekend or latest by Monday next week.

A meeting is going to be happening next week on Monday or Tuesday as to what to do with us owners who purchased these cars and who were not offered the 7 year/175,000k warranty. The meeting will also discuss the issue on some Directors been released with black door side moulds and some with chrome door side moulds and they will try to finalise on what Holden are going to do for and wait for it "OFFER" all of the Director owners regardless of the colour of your side body moulds.

I highly recommend you all get on board as it can only work in our favour should they offer us some extra promotion specific to us limited edition owners and the 2 points of contact I have had (one very confidential) confirmed it does come down to how many owners genuinely voice their concerns to Holden, if you don't let your voice be heard now, forever hold your peace!

Regards,

RTSV6UTE
Sent a nice email today, if one should get it so should all.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi

For those of you that already have your Director, MSE or Magnum ute and didn't get a 7 year/175,000k warranty please contact Holden customer care asap and let yourselves be heard, but do it very politely and make sure to get your case/reference number. You should really do this before the weekend or latest by Monday next week.

A meeting is going to be happening next week on Monday or Tuesday as to what to do with us owners who purchased these cars and who were not offered the 7 year/175,000k warranty. The meeting will also discuss the issue on some Directors been released with black door side moulds and some with chrome door side moulds and they will try to finalise on what Holden are going to do for and wait for it "OFFER" all of the Director owners regardless of the colour of your side body moulds.

I highly recommend you all get on board as it can only work in our favour should they offer us some extra promotion specific to us limited edition owners and the 2 points of contact I have had (one very confidential) confirmed it does come down to how many owners genuinely voice their concerns to Holden, if you don't let your voice be heard now, forever hold your peace!

Regards,

RTSV6UTE
Thanks Mate. Get onto this all!

Last edited:

GMHDIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V / Director
Hi

To GMHDIR: your plates suit the car brilliantly. I'd love to get a photo of both of our white Directors together.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE
Sounds like a plan , will have to organise a time and location , don’t have too many weekends available before Christmas, maybe some others would like to join us ?

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Sounds like a plan , will have to organise a time and location

Hi

Would be awesome to see 2 white Directors and of course other special Holden's together. I am actually taking mine out for its maiden drive this Saturday.

Picking it up from storage at Moorabbin around 11am and getting the windows tinted at Bonbeach at 12 noon which I have been informed won't take longer than 2.5 hours. After that I am going to Bay City Holden in Frankston to pick up some genuine Director parts I ordered and then if the weather holds up might take it for a spin down to Mornington area...I can't wait to see my baby again!

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Hi

Can anyone confirm this?
That story is rubbish, the final director, motorsport and magnum went down the line yesterday is the info I received