Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Flash317

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2
Waiting on delivery now that's a good one!Redline supposedly due in Syd on the 30th Oct,now 31st Oct not here,just spoke to logistics (good to be in the business) it just left Elizabeth today 31st,truck to ADL freight terminal to leave there on the 2nd of Nov (must be the last car left at Holden) arr Syd freight terminal Sat 4th,hopefully sent to dealer via Prixcars at Mino on Mon 6th Nov so far,Holden doesn't want to let go of the best by the looks of things,hopefully it gets here before I cark it,any one else being hung out to dry with expectations?
Thanks LS1SS. Does anyone know if there are any LE vehicles still in Adelaide waiting to be sent out?

Big C

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II & Calais-V Director
In order to break the comment drought, here is an example of dodgy artificial garage lighting, a supposedly good iPhone camera trying to capture the glossy look after opti-coat treatment. It doesn't do it justice at all, will try to get some good photos outside on the weekend if weather permits

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 202

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
On the weekend took the MSE out for a drive along a undulating hilly country road which I am familiar with and I found the gearbox (auto) to be rather dull. Going up smallish hills I found the car struggling and slowing down and I had to actively make the gearbox change down. Due to the nature of the road having many bends and the road surface very patchy I was only traveling 100-120km/h and the revs were around 1600-2000. I am new to a V8 and as my only comparison point is my other VF series 1 V6 wagon which on the same roads drive up and down the hills without any issues. I have also noticed that the V8 slows down on hills where my series 1 wagon just speeds up going down hills even it I put it down a gear. It feels like there is little compression braking in the V6. Do I need to just get used to the lazy V8. Also on these undulating, patching and windy road, the MSE with the MRC was fantastic and I still amazed at the ride quality and handling.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
On the weekend took the MSE out for a drive along a undulating hilly country road which I am familiar with and I found the gearbox (auto) to be rather dull. Going up smallish hills I found the car struggling and slowing down and I had to actively make the gearbox change down. Due to the nature of the road having many bends and the road surface very patchy I was only traveling 100-120km/h and the revs were around 1600-2000. I am new to a V8 and as my only comparison point is my other VF series 1 V6 wagon which on the same roads drive up and down the hills without any issues. I have also noticed that the V8 slows down on hills where my series 1 wagon just speeds up going down hills even it I put it down a gear. It feels like there is little compression braking in the V6. Do I need to just get used to the lazy V8. Also on these undulating, patching and windy road, the MSE with the MRC was fantastic and I still amazed at the ride quality and handling.

I have no experience with autos of any kind but it sounds like your in full auto mode in 6th gear. Did you try going into full manual mode and keeping the car in 3rd or 4th, i.e. driving enthusiastically?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I have no experience with autos of any kind but it sounds like your in full auto mode in 6th gear. Did you try going into full manual mode and keeping the car in 3rd or 4th, i.e. driving enthusiastically?
Yeah if the MSE is underperforming compared to a V6 wagon, either there is an issue with the MSE, or it's driver error.
I was mixing it up in the Adelaide Hills with a W407 Director and a manual MSE with exhaust. Mine had no trouble keeping up through the hills and bends. Just had to back off before my Wife neutered me. Of course, mine would be slower compared to the 407 down the strip. But on the twisty hills it was very capable. It's anything but lazy.

Big C

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II & Calais-V Director
W407 Director you say, interesting, are they on here? Is it a worthy addition?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
W407 Director you say, interesting, are they on here? Is it a worthy addition?
Yes they're on here, it was PSISLE's car. As I said it would leave mine for dead. Only the twisty bits even it out a little and even then, I would be canning mine, while the 407 would be doing it easy. But, you can only go so fast around the bends right. I drove around in the 407 and it has heaps more mid and top end tq and power than a stocker. Sounds horn too.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Just floor it

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport

I have always liked lazy V8's and have had more than my fair share. My MSE is definitely not a lazy V8. Hope you can sort it out.