Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
Well hard to comment on that without more info, except forget about value from less consumption rather more value for better performance, oh and don’t buy from United when Caltex is half the price!
Stock tune will get you anything from 15 - 45 litres / 100km around town on e85 realistically, 400 km per tank. Highway about 650.
Stock tune is not ideal, being one of the first mass produced flex fuel V8s. WOT driving upper rpm “road tests” maybe 250 km to the tank.
I do a lot of logging and tuning and there’s safe room for a huge improvement in consumption as well as performance.

Hey Monstar, The only Company selling E85 on the Sunshine Coast is United. Caltex does not support the product up here sadly. If we could buy E85 for $0.60c a litre we would all use it.
Cheers Mate.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
E85 is an American term, been shot down and bastardised by big oil. Here United chose to call their high ethanol blend same as US, but their blend is always 85%. Caltex chose a more appropriate name, eFlex, blend is 70%-85% according to season (some other cars won’t start near 85% in winter).
Is at Alexandra Hills, Mackenzie just over the gateway Old Cleveland Road, at Miramac on Pacific Highway Gold Coast. Also a couple near Ipswich, Redbank Plains, Goodna, A couple of others along the way to the Gold Coast ..

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Today after driving down the Macquarie Pass my MSE displayed an MRC error code. I even did not have the opportunity to use the MRC as I was behind a bl**dy caravan and we went down the Pass slowly. I popped into the local Holden dealer service dept who advised me that as the error code disappeared when I restarted the car, it was not a hard code and nothing to worry about. I rang my dealer who I bought the MSE and who service my other VF and they advised that they had not seen this error not even on an HSV. Has anyone seen this error. I note that the car seems to operate as per normal.

Attachments

• MRC Error Code.jpg
    MRC Error Code.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 207

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
My Magnum came up with 'service ESP' message while I was parked in the driveway. Cycled the ignition, and it disappeared.

Mentioned it to the dealer when it had the 1000k check, they scanned it, but couldn't find any problems.

RedMSE

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE
Today after driving down the Macquarie Pass my MSE displayed an MRC error code. I even did not have the opportunity to use the MRC as I was behind a bl**dy caravan and we went down the Pass slowly. I popped into the local Holden dealer service dept who advised me that as the error code disappeared when I restarted the car, it was not a hard code and nothing to worry about. I rang my dealer who I bought the MSE and who service my other VF and they advised that they had not seen this error not even on an HSV. Has anyone seen this error. I note that the car seems to operate as per normal.

Hi zappaboy, I had the exact same message come up two weeks ago. Coincidentally, i was also at the 3,000km mark. It went away when I restarted the car and I have done a few trips since and yet to see it appear again. Having a quick read it seems to be discussed a lot on American forums with chevs but unless it comes up again, i won't waste my time at the dealer.

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Not had this one, but had my seat memory function fail to work (kept moving to fully back and down when trying to set a position). The dealer gave it go, and it worked for him, of course. But, it's been working for me too, ever since! (Same procedure pre and post...I didn't misread the manual etc).
Regarding engine warnings etc, my FGX Falcon has thrown up a few alerts and limps, only to be cured by an engine restart....clearly a software issue. Dealer scanned it, no problem found, of course; one suspects the Commodores are going to do similar things. How I long for the days when you could buy a new HQ 350 off the floor - no electronics, no computers, no worries.

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
I noticed an ad in Carsales for a "very very rare" black Motorsport. Now that production is complete, does anyone have or heard of the actual production figures and options breakdown?
Super Coach, if you're out there, I'll bet if anyone knows it's you, mate.